Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toxoplasmosis Article

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey Admin,

Another suggestion- tee hee. This site needs an article on toxoplasmosis and the risks to pregnant women in owning cats. PLEASE. Because I tire endlessly of the excuse, "I need to get rid of my cat because I'm pregnant". I had wrote an excellent article years ago for a parenting site, but I've lost it since- LOL.

Anyways- you are more at risk gardening outdoors or handling raw meat then changing a litterbox. As long as you aren't munching on cat turds- you aren't going to catch toxo.

Figured ya'll do articles from time to time and this is an issue that needs to get out there online more often!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I was pregnant for the first time, this was of course a concern as I had always had cats, and was a dog groomer at the time. My OB told me not to worry about it, chances were I had already been exposed to it and it was a very very minor concern. Keep the cats, but tell hubby he had to do all the litter box chores until the baby was a year old:Laugh:

TotenEngel

Banned
Here, Here!!
Its one of those may things doctors like to scare people with, but really, if you are eating cat poo you gotta expect to get sick!!!

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When I was pregnant for the first time, this was of course a concern as I had always had cats, and was a dog groomer at the time. My OB told me not to worry about it, chances were I had already been exposed to it and it was a very very minor concern. Keep the cats, but tell hubby he had to do all the litter box chores until the baby was a year old:Laugh:
LOL My hubby would never fall for that :LOL: but well done you if ya managed to get ur hubby to do it for that long :ThumbsUp::LOL: