Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toy question

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My kitty has a few different toys. One of her favourites is toy mice that I flick down the stairs and she chases them and carries them in her mouth and drops them (of course just out of arms reach so I have to get up!) and then I flick them again.

Another toy is a fluffy ball on an elastic string. She likes to jump at it when I bounce it. My question: quite often when she catches the fluffy ball she pulls on it and I let go of the stick. She will carry the ball and stick into another room and leave it there. Do you suppose that might mean that she really doesn't like that toy? Thanks!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No it doesn’t mean that, quite the opposite. It’s her prey! She loves the toy. Ellie used to do this too. Her favorite was a fleece string on a stick and she would catch it and I’d have to let go so she could rush to the other room and stash it under the bed. Lol silly cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeanhill72

Lairian
They are taking their "kill" to hide it for later. Walter tries to take the whole thing (pole, line and fuzzy toy) into his little house or his tunnel that he likes when he gets it from me.