Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toys

kiki3898

Lairian
what kind of toys do ur kittys like I been trying different kinds so far thefeathers on string and stick is Graices fav but tryg to find something else cause we both get tired of it everyday everyday the only thing else she likes is those things off the milk jugs but she loses them

susi794

Staff member
My cats love tunnels and boxes and those circle things that they can chase the ball around the track with their paws. They like catnip toys and soft things they can carry around. They like those birdies that chirp and anything that they can scoot across the floor. Crackling noises, or tickly things are a plus too. They like laser light toys and small plastic lids they can bat around.

Gizzymom

Banned
Gizzy's favorites are the plastic things he can flip around or carry in his mouth. Like these:

242960.jpg
P31123.jpg
P48522.jpg

He also loves the lasers and his fishing pole!!! As soon as he hears the drawer opening that the fishing pole is in, he comes running and chirping!!

Catfisher%20red%20Fishing%20rod%20and%20reel.jpg

And I love toys that we can play with together!! :ThumbsUp:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Rupert, Orion, Dex and my dog Bijou LOVE the laser pointer....they will run themselves to the point of just about having a seizure.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nudie likes her tunnel that crackles when she goes through it, she likes these mylar crackle balls that she plays soccer with (lasts for hours) and her chirpee mice.:BigSmile:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A laser pointer is always a sure bet. No cat I ever met got tired of chasing the red dot and it is pretty nice on the human too, especially for us with a bit of an handicap. No running around. :)

Gizzymom

Banned
A laser pointer is always a sure bet. No cat I ever met got tired of chasing the red dot and it is pretty nice on the human too, especially for us with a bit of an handicap. No running around. :)

Does laziness count as a handicap?? I doubt it... but the laser pointer is great for the lazy as well!

ktate88

Banned
Below are some on Niles' favorite toys.

He is playing with the leopard circle with holes now-- keeps him entertained!

The small floppy "skinneeez" duck is his favorite.

Kickaroo is great to fight with :LOL:

Dental chews he loves- chews, throws, bats.

Attachments

• leopards den.JPG
    leopards den.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 14
  • skinneez.jpg
    skinneez.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 7
  • kickeroo.JPG
    kickeroo.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 7
  • dental-health-chews-326.jpg
    dental-health-chews-326.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 8

TotenEngel

Banned
we have wooden floors throughout our place so ping pong balls are a great favourite until they go under a cupboard/desk etc etc then the sphynxy howling until we move said item of furniture and find 5 balls under it!!
the dangly things are great until we go for ther wrong end!
Also, recently got a kickaroo (cat kong) which they all like and Smeagol like the crinkly tunnel for ambusing the others, whereas Simpkin likes it as a place to hide from the little man!

Gizzymom

Banned

They make a skinneez duck?? Giz has the squirrel, skunk, and chipmunk? Did not know there were more!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just went to get a laser pointer, my last one was gone so...
Now both cats are sleeping, they ran til' their tounges hung out.

"Dot! Can't resist, must get it."

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Does laziness count as a handicap?? I doubt it... but the laser pointer is great for the lazy as well!

*snicker* I am guilty of laziness as well :Hysterical: My Mom on the other hand is handicapped/disabled and she likes to use it when she visits too 'cuz it's hard for her to move around and get down on the floor and play with everyone.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Kewl!!! That leopard circle looks really neat. Where did you get yours?

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just went to get a laser pointer, my last one was gone so...
Now both cats are sleeping, they ran til' their tounges hung out.

"Dot! Can't resist, must get it."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Love it. Bijou (dog) gets so wound up playing, her tongue hangs out, she's panting and quivering and her back legs will twitch with anticicpation.....:Hysterical: Dex, Poopy and Ori will pant with their mouths open, ears flickering in all directions, eyes darting left-right-up-down, looking for the "red bug". :LOL: Entertainment for all :ThumbsUp:

Gizzymom

Banned
This awesome pet supply site online. I'll PM you the info-- great deals!!

ooooooooo... I want to know too!! All my friends say Giz is the cat who has everything. I think they are wrong and would like to find some new unique things for him for xmas... :Laugh:

Morticia

Lairian
Morticia likes simple toys, roll a small ball of alluminium foil and she;s the happiest gal in the world!! She's also obsessive about hair bands, I bought a bunch the other day - just for her - because she nicked all my hair bands haha:BigSmile:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Morticia likes simple toys, roll a small ball of alluminium foil and she;s the happiest gal in the world!! She's also obsessive about hair bands, I bought a bunch the other day - just for her - because she nicked all my hair bands haha:BigSmile:

Good old tin foil balls. I have a joint near by that sells hamburgers wrapped in that and sometimes I buy one there just (almost :Wink: )for the hamburgersmelling foil. Cats love it, hehe

Be careful with the hair bands though. We had a cat die from a piece of string it ate and I think it was a member here that had to operate on one of her cats to get eaten hairbands out of it.

Gizzymom

Banned

Eeeeeek! Hairbands are bad news! One of the members on SL had to bring her baby in for surgery to remove a bunch of bands it had swallowed!!

susi794

Staff member
Just PMed the info Gizymom and Susi :Smile:

Thanks ktate88! I put in a $50 order last night--couldn't resist the free shipping thing at Jeffers. Some lucky little kitty will share in Santa Susi's shopping spree as part of his/her Christmas prezzy. I got some great stuff!

ktate88

Banned
Glad you enjoyed! They ship really quickly to me but I'm only 2 states away.

Such awesome deals-- Niles doesn't know he is spoiled!! :LOL::LOL:

Back