Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Trashed Cat in England

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Like said on Facebook, I'm just glad it was the trash and not tossing the poor thing in the road. As long as the trashman was not on his way, I'm sure the cat made such a fuss, he got out.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It was really horrible, it was on the news yesterday. She walked past and pretended to make a fuss of it then put it in the bin. Apparently it was in there 15hours before someeone found her. She was called Lola (My bengal is called Lola! But it wasn't her thank goodness!)

I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the world, but here in the UK there seem to be a lot of people who have a real hate towards cats. It makes me sick how people can be so crule.

Bella07

Banned
I don't have the stomach to read the article right now....Because one of the sickest things that I hate, but will always remember was when I saw on the news that a women in my city put 4 kittens in a garbage bag and threw them in the garbage can to die....Thankfully someone heard the kittens screams shortly after and saved them....I just don't know what is wrong with people....:Cry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What bothered me the most was seeing the video. The woman completely acted nice to Lola before grabbing her and putting her in the bin. Wow. I pray that this woman gets some mental health help.

firehillqueen

Banned
Years ago I worked as a police sketch artist on a murder case. The detective told me that the young man who was arrested for murdering two young teens had been know to torture and kill animals from the time he was very young. I found this interesting article about that very thing. I can only wonder if this woman who did this to a harmless cat should be trusted around children.

http://www.americanhumane.org/assets/docs/human-animal-bond/HAB-LINK-facts-about-the-link.pdf

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We had a very-well publicized homicide case around here several years ago and the same thing. The accused had a LONG history of abusing animals. His lawyer suggested that one had nothing to do with another, but I don't believe it. Also, there was just a show on within the last week--Dateline or 20/20 or something, where the girl's dad turned out to be a serial killer...The Happy Face Killer, if I remember right. His own daughter remembers him abusing animals when she was young. That is so sad!
I have one of the longest fuses of anyone I know, but the one thing that will set me off is abusing animals!! :Angry:

Last edited:

Fluffy

Lairian
What goes throu peoples heads? This women is in her mid 40's, works in a bank and is now telling the RSPCA she doesn't know why she did it!! Maybe here in England we expect it from jobless teens but it's more shocking when it's someone like this and that's when you feel like you can't protect your "outside" cats. I have 3 stable cats and they live a great life but I do worry, but instead of that "hoodied lout" I should pay more attention to the "old dears" putting cats in bins!!!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some people just make me sick. And I don't believe for one minute that she's sorry she did this. But I do believe that she's very sorry she got caught. I just wonder how many other times she's abused animals and didn't get caught?

Back