Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hi there , we need some advice we go our place in the lakes as often as we can
Cleo hasn’t been away from me since the day she adopted me ( I am disabled and don’t actually go out just exchanging one set of four walls for another lol )
So Cleo was sick the first time we took her she was fine on the straight roads and motorway but the bends and turning of the country side roads made her sick
Bringing her back home same again but we limited food and drink , but she was still sick
( shushhhh don’t want to embarrass her but she did a poop on my shoulder and for the next 45 minuets I had to sit with it ah I couldn’t move and we couldn’t stop on the country road , but remember shushhhh don’t want her to know I mentioned that part )
So without going into every trip ! She gets travel sick on country bending roads

Is there such a thing as a travel sickness pill I can get for her ? As we have never been apart and if Cleo cannot go then nor can I
So any advice would be great as we have tried limiting food and drink
( its a two hour drive there and after she as been sick she appears to be fine in herself )
Thanks in advance
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Taunya

Lairian
I’m not sure if sphynx kitties are diffferent but when i worked at a vet doctor always said to give a half a Benadryl. That was years ago but i would ask about it :) its the common ingredient in a lot of motion sickness meds :) good luck my Pomeranian was the same way when she was younger lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there @Taunya is that a human travel sickness pill ? If so I could see what is available here then check with the vet , I know dogs can take some of our medicines but no idea with kitties
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Taunya

Lairian
Yes that’s why i said to check with your vet for sure. He used to tell them for cats and dogs but that was years ago.

Taunya

Lairian
I think it was like .2 mg per lb of body weight. It can make them drowsy though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Agree check with your vet. I personally get very motion sick so I know it is a horrible feeling. Be safe and ask your vet.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow I would only ever give Cleo medication a vet as said was ok , I can imagine it’s terrible having travel sickness one of my brothers had it as a child but he grew out of it ..
if we put her in her carrier she cries she doesn’t like it , so she is wrapped in a blankie on our knee with her harness on but mostly on the back seat with our granddaughter
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back