Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Treats??!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a question about treats!...We really want to give Mickey some treats when he is being a good boy:BigSmile: but we have no idea which ones are the best since there are soooo many different ones!-Which one do you give to your sphynx kitty?...Does it matter how many treats you give him in a day?...:BigSmile:

Thank you!!

Brooke

Banned
I give mine L-lysine treats and jerky treats, which are just little dehydrated pieces of meat from the natural pet store by my house...just ran out the other day so I don't know the brand name!

I also bought a package of treats with vitamins added, but they didn't like 'em...:ThumbsDown:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Like Brooke I give ten lysine treats a day and about two to four bites of bonito which is dried fish flakes you can get at any asian market.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My little boys love the real meat so I give them little pices of turkey or chicken when they are good...(of course my husband and Girls are always sneaking them stuff when they think I am not looking)..So they get probley more than they need.:LOL: maybe that is why Sambo is so big?????

Fountainrunner

Lairian
My monster likes to chew on things much like a dog so I was tempted to get him a doggy bone. Obviously, I didn't because he's not a dog but what kind of food treat can I get that's similar to a dog bone but safe enough for him? Sticks of jerky? It definitely has to be something he can chew on for a long period of time, because right now he's chewing up all my Victorian furniture in the house. I even found teeth marks on my laptop - HELP!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
My monster likes to chew on things much like a dog so I was tempted to get him a doggy bone. Obviously, I didn't because he's not a dog but what kind of food treat can I get that's similar to a dog bone but safe enough for him? Sticks of jerky? It definitely has to be something he can chew on for a long period of time, because right now he's chewing up all my Victorian furniture in the house. I even found teeth marks on my laptop - HELP!

Oh no!:Surprise: You sure have A chewer on your hands.
We give greenies but I don't think that will help you? Not sure what you can give him do they have nylabones for cats? I use them for our dogs and they are great:ThumbsUp:
I remember another user giving beef jerkey and waking up to poop all over their bed so I would be to scared to try that?

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Seems to me that cats get ripped off in the treat department. There are a ton of choices for dogs and not so many for kits. The Honest Kitchen sent out a survey recently and one of the questions was "What new products would you like to see?" and cat treats was an option which I quickly checked!

I think I'll look for the dried fish flakes. I want something healthy, natural and no preservatives or junk in it.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I have an older orange Tabby, and he also used to chew on everything. I know there for dogs, but I bought him the little round rawhide sticks that they make for little dogs. He definately chewed on them, and he could play with it. He was in heaven when I gave him one.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Treats for Kreacher...I give him Wellness Pure Delights that I get from Pet Supplies plus. It's got no artificial anything. I get the Turkey, and Salmon Jerky. It's 1.2 calories per treat. The ingradients are Turkey, Salmon, Dried Chicory Root, Cultured Whey, Lecithin, Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Preservatives) So there's no garbage in it. I only give Kreacher treats after something not so pleasant like baths, and when I clean his ears. I was giving him treats every day, but he started getting pudgy :)

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Seems to me that cats get ripped off in the treat department. There are a ton of choices for dogs and not so many for kits. The Honest Kitchen sent out a survey recently and one of the questions was "What new products would you like to see?" and cat treats was an option which I quickly checked!

I think I'll look for the dried fish flakes. I want something healthy, natural and no preservatives or junk in it.

OMG YES!!! I get so mad when I go into a pet store and there is one single aisle of cat stuff, yet there is 10 aisles of dog crap!! Sorry i'm a doggie racist :)

Back