Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Trouble Sleeping - Help !!

BabyisHerName

Lairian
So I've had baby for about 4 days now and me and Ashley haven't been able to get a lot of sleep because baby seems to stay up all night and walk on our face. Last night got really bad, she woke us up 3 or 4 times and Ashley has to work. What should we do?? Should I surround her with something so she cant get on the bed?? Im sure she will meow but she would eventually stop right? I dont want her to think we dont love her but we need to sleep:Worn-out:

Also - She's been licking my face and sometimes my lips....Is this safe for me? can I get any diseases?

She also started to lick my fingers sometimes and bite them on occasion, is this normal? it doesnt hurt but i dont want to get her used to it because onece shes larger it might hurt.

she seems VERY hyper !!!

any advise?

Thanks Girls !!!!!

Jonathan

P.S. new picture of baby below....she looks like a little gypsy, lol - love it !!!!

Attachments

• baby gypsy.jpg
    baby gypsy.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
OMG that is too cute! We have no trouble with sleeping ours just like to go under the covers and go to sleep. We shut everything off downstairs and they are in our bed before we get there! I think Baby is just getting used to everything and will most likely get used to your sleeping habits. I would not play with her or encourage playing at bedtime, I need my sleep sorry! As far as the licking ours lick all the time (yes even my lips) I think you will be fine! And the bitting, well sounds like she is playing and it shouldn't get to bad but if it hurts I would tell her no and move your hand away!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So I've had baby for about 4 days now and me and Ashley haven't been able to get a lot of sleep because baby seems to stay up all night and walk on our face. Last night got really bad, she woke us up 3 or 4 times and Ashley has to work. What should we do?? Should I surround her with something so she cant get on the bed?? Im sure she will meow but she would eventually stop right? I dont want her to think we dont love her but we need to sleep:Worn-out:

She is probably still adjusting to your schedule.

Also - She's been licking my face and sometimes my lips....Is this safe for me? can I get any diseases?

You will be fine

She also started to lick my fingers sometimes and bite them on occasion, is this normal? it doesnt hurt but i dont want to get her used to it because onece shes larger it might hurt.

The larger teeth aren't as sharp so they tend to hurt less... but she is teething like a baby.

she seems VERY hyper !!!

Kittens are hyper! Kramer & Newman sound like dogs running through the house.

any advise?

Thanks Girls !!!!!

Jonathan

P.S. new picture of baby below....she looks like a little gypsy, lol - love it !!!!
Very Cute Pic!

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyisHerName

Lairian
Seems to be working, I just kinda hold her by my leg and she dozes off.....Im also trying to teach her "Sit" !! Believe it or not but I think she might be learning it !!! How cool is that !!

Pbinky

Banned
We just got our second sphynx boy and sleeping is an issue for us too. Now the boys play together in bed with us almost all night long. so we separate them so they can't lay down together. Pbinky on one side and Skinner on the other. But Skinner is suck a devil and he climbs over me to get to Pbink. :Dizzy:
We don't sleep much and now we just accept that fact instead of getting upset about it.
I go to bed extra early when i have to work the next day because i find i will get more "cat naps" in if i give myself extra time in bed. My boys are both under 1 year old so i'm just hoping that they will get tired of playing a bedtime. Also, every morning around 4:30 or 5 am they meow like crazy at each other in bed. so i just pick them both up and put them out of the room and close the door. I'm usually up at 7am so they find something to occupy themselves with. :Smile:
Little buggers... i love them:Adore:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho NEVER sleeps while I sleep. There's actually a funny video of what I deal with almost every night. What I've started to do is keep the door cracked open and when she gets tired of trying to get me to play with her she will just leave and come back when she is ready to go to sleep. I keep hoping she will grow out of it but she is now 1 year and 4 months next Monday and it hasn't changed even a little since I got her at 5 months old. As far as the licking goes...get ready for the tongue rash :LOL:

Pbinky

Banned
Meecho NEVER sleeps while I sleep. There's actually a funny video of what I deal with almost every night. What I've started to do is keep the door cracked open and when she gets tired of trying to get me to play with her she will just leave and come back when she is ready to go to sleep. I keep hoping she will grow out of it but she is now 1 year and 4 months next Monday and it hasn't changed even a little since I got her at 5 months old. As far as the licking goes...get ready for the tongue rash :LOL:

Tongue rash:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

BabyisHerName

Lairian
last night it got bad .....She wouldnt stop walking all over the bed and waking us up....so i got up and took some tall cardboard and built a wall around her bed next to my bed. It was a nice size closure. maybe 4 x 6 feet. I put her in and she started to meow for about 5 minutes and stopped. and we got some sleep !! I think it might not be a good idea to hold them ALL the time. If you get them used to that then they might become super clingy and youll never be able to get anything done around the house. Ive noticed that the meowing does stop and they do go find something else to do. for exmple, harrass my greyhound :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
last night it got bad .....She wouldnt stop walking all over the bed and waking us up....so i got up and took some tall cardboard and built a wall around her bed next to my bed. It was a nice size closure. maybe 4 x 6 feet. I put her in and she started to meow for about 5 minutes and stopped. and we got some sleep !! I think it might not be a good idea to hold them ALL the time. If you get them used to that then they might become super clingy and youll never be able to get anything done around the house. Ive noticed that the meowing does stop and they do go find something else to do. for exmple, harrass my greyhound :LOL:

:Surprise: you mean put them down?!?!?! I don't understand the meaning of that :Dizzy:

Back