Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Truth or lie!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Two Truths and a Lie Game - One player states three things about himself, two of which are true and one of which is a lie. The other players have to guess which is the lie. The player who guesses correctly first takes the next turn.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • I am the owner of this site
  • I played keyboards for Bon Jovi in 1985
  • I am married to ilovemysphynx

susi794

Staff member
OK...here are my three things--you pick out the lie:
  • I went to Egypt during the Gulf War and appeared on CNN.
  • I shook hands with President Jerry Ford.
  • One Christmas morning, I went swimming in an emerald pool in the middle of the rainforest.
Ok...which one is a lie?

susi794

Staff member
The lie is, One Christmas morning you went swimming in an emerarld pool in the middle of the rainforrest.

Nope! That's wrong....the year I lost my mother I couldn't deal with Christmas without her, so I went on a cruise and did the emerald pool swimming in the rainforest of Domenica. Followed it up with some freshly squeezed and icy cold passion fruit juice. It was luscious!

susi794

Staff member
Thanks, I have had a pretty good life--lots of tragedies, but lots of good things too. Try again....

susi794

Staff member
I am a sucker for punnishment! The lie is, You went to Egypt during the Gulf War and appeared on CNN.:Sweat:

Nope! Wrong again. My sister paid my way to Egypt for a graduation from college present--we went and right after we got there the Gulf War broke out. We were on a train going to Luxor, Egypt from Cairo and the people on the train began to wail. We finally found someone who spoke English and they told us the Americans had bombed Tehran and that many Muslims were dead...we were the only Americans anywhere on the train and it made for a few tense moments.

Then later on, back in Cairo, we had the most unusual opportunity to get to know the Egyptian merchants in the Khan-El-Khalili--a HUGE market place consisting of hundreds of individual stores...since there were no tourists, they spent an enormous amount of time getting to know us.

One day CNN came in the Khan and were asking if there were any tourists--I happened to be the only one there, so they interviewed me. I appeared for about 30 seconds on some show with Connie Chung. Which I never got a chance to see...but my travel agent later told me when it came on, she fell off the couch, hollering to her husband to come look, because she had sold me my ticket.

When the day came for us to leave, we couldn't get out. So, the merchants brought out various musical instruments, and played them while we all danced in the street. It was a remarkable chance that I would NEVER be able to replicate. We were able to get out a few days later....but had to pay a huge surcharge to do so. It was an experience I will never forget.

The lie was that I shook the hand of President Ford.....but it's your turn anyway momofmaximillian.

momofmaxamillon

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nope! Wrong again. My sister paid my way to Egypt for a graduation from college present--we went and right after we got there the Gulf War broke out. We were on a train going to Luxor, Egypt from Cairo and the people on the train began to wail. We finally found someone who spoke English and they told us the Americans had bombed Tehran and that many Muslims were dead...we were the only Americans anywhere on the train and it made for a few tense moments. Then later on, back in Cairo, we had the most unusual opportunity to ge tto know the Egyptian merchants in the Khan-El-Khalili--a HUGE market place consisting of hundreds of individual stores...since there were no tourists, they spent an enormous amount of time getting to know us. One day CNN came in the Khan and were asking if there were any tourists--I happened to be the only one there, so they interviewed me. I appeared for about 30 seconds on some show with Connie Chung. Which I never got a chance to see...but my travel agent later told me when it came on, she fell off the couch, hollering to ehr husband to come look, because she had sold me my ticket. When the day came for us to leave, we couldn't get out. So, the merchants brought out various musical instruments, and played them while we all danced in the street. It was a remarkable chance that I would NEVER be able to replicate. We were able to get out a few days later....but had to pay a huge surcharge to do so.

The lie was that I shook the hand of President Ford.....but it's your turn anyway momofmaximillian.

WOW!! What an amazing life experience Susi, you could write a book.

momofmaxamillon

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Here are my three:

- I made and sold handmade candles.
- I picked up a hitchhicker.
- I delivered both of my children at home.

Ok, which one is a lie?

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My guess is that you didn't shake hands with president Ford...

I was too late...

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
My guess is that you didn't shake hands with president Ford...

I was too late...

You need to guess which one of momof maxamillion's statements is a lie. Then, if you're right--it'll be your turn to lie. This is a cool game....a good way to find out cool stuff about people.

momofmaxamillon

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm going to go with --- I picked up a hitch hiker......????....

Nope! Truth about 15 yrs ago me and a friend of mine picked up a family of hitch hickers and drove them about 35 miles to another town, somthing I will never forget and really can't believe I did it when I think about it!!

Big Hoss

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nope! Truth about 15 yrs ago me and a friend of mine picked up a family of hitch hickers and drove them about 35 miles to another town, somthing I will never forget and really can't believe I did it when I think about it!!

SHAME ON YOU.......:Wink::LOL:

(Some one else guess, I suck!)

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes I did for about 11 years! loved it.

I've wanted to do that. It's probably a tough business because there are alot of candle makers. But I have a few unusual ideas that I think could work. Do you mind telling me how I can get started in candle making?

Back