Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Trying to do... stuff.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Honestly. I try to do some work on the computer, and I'm being climbed on, sat on, pat-patted in the face...
If it's not one, it's the other.
Jezzy will use me as a climbing frame. I was doing a Zoom job interview...and suddenly had a shoulder cat, sticking her bum at the camera.
Tres embarrassing.
20200905_113311.jpg

That wasn't the interview one, but this happens ALL the damn time.
20200904_225602.jpg

ALL the time.
And when she's not sitting on my shoulder....
20200904_225724.jpg

...she's on Facebook.

Earlier, she disabled the keyboard. Don't know how, but nothing worked. Had to do a hard reset. *sigh*
Pixie has also found I am vulnerable while on the computer, and if you sit on my hand with all four paws (how do they even do that???), eventually there will be cuddles.
I swear, all my appendages are numb.
Livvy...will wait for me to go to concentrate...sit at the side of the keyboard...and pat my face with her paw.
If that doesn't work, she'll wait until I go to bed, and then make a pest of herself, weighing down my arms. She can't sleep unless she sticks her face in my face, and if I turn around, she will get up, trample over my head, and tunnel back under the duvet.
Unless Pixie shows up...then she sleeps on my feet instead. Under the fleeces. While Jezzy sleeps on top of the fleeces.

Someone explain to me why I let them???

Sheldon13

Staff member
All for love.

I was just telling Ellie yesterday how annoying it is when she chooses to go out of her way to walk over my pillow to get off the bed, pulling my hair on the way (painful), when the much more sensible route is down the stairs on the side of the bed.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awww...I’m with u on the pat-patted face - it’s hard not to fall Now, the four paws on a hand is pure skill! It HAS to be rewarded with cuddles.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You aren’t alone. I’ve seen my poor husband, trying to finish the book he’s writing, with Cleo snuggling on his chest and Marcus sitting at his side. He has to hold Cleo with one hand, scritch Marcus with another hand, and write with the third hand.
When I’m weaving or spinning yarn in the Living room, Marcus just has to start getting into everything around me, shoving stuff off the mantel, climbing on the antique spinning wheel, and generally making a nuisance of himself. Cleo is better with me-she just has to lay under or on top of anything I’m working on at the time.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You aren’t alone. I’ve seen my poor husband, trying to finish the book he’s writing, with Cleo snuggling on his chest and Marcus sitting at his side. He has to hold Cleo with one hand, scritch Marcus with another hand, and write with the third hand.
When I’m weaving or spinning yarn in the Living room, Marcus just has to start getting into everything around me, shoving stuff off the mantel, climbing on the antique spinning wheel, and generally making a nuisance of himself. Cleo is better with me-she just has to lay under or on top of anything I’m working on at the time.
That sounds very, very familiar, right down to "trying to finish the book".
I need a third and forth hand, please...

Back