Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tux & Twitch echocardiogram tomorrow.

tessblack

Banned
Thanks guys. I sure hope it will be fine but even if it is not great news at least I can start to deal with it and get them on meds etc. I just worry so much about them.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I completely understand. Snuffie turns 1 yr old tomorrow so I'm going to be making her appt as well. I'm nervous as well but I have faith that she will be just fine. And just like you, even if she isnt hopefully I can catch it early enough to still provide her a long and happy life.

tessblack

Banned
From what I have read on here and also my vet said they all should even if there parents are clear. It is important to know because if they are you can get them on meds and they can live a long life with HCM. You can find lots of info on here about it.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good luck! I know it's scary but if there is something wrong, you will be able to help them live longer, healthier lives. Sometimes I think it's scarier for us humans than for the kitties!! I've had 3 HCM+ kitties and when I get down about it, my sister always says that a)the kitties don't know they're sick, b) you won't love them any less if they are & c) you are extending their lives by treating them.
Anyway, I'm sure you won't need my advice since everything is gonna be GREAT!!! Sending good thoughts your way :ThumbsUp:

Pbinky

Banned
I was a nervous wreck when i brought my Pbinky in for his echo. I barely slept the night before. He turned out to be just fine. I'm going to take The Skinner in sometime in Dec of this year as he'll be a year and a half then. Pbinky needs to be rescanned in another 1.5 years. It's a very anxious time for you but have faith that all we be good. Good Luck!!:Smile:

tessblack

Banned
:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:

They both came back OK!!!!!! Oh I am so relieved, I was so stressed out waiting. They were both great and friendly and had everyone taking pics of them because they were snuggling holding each other the whole time. I am sure they do it now because they like the attention.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I was so excited to get on here and let everyone know. I guess sometimes it feels like the rest of the world does not quite understand.

Thanks again.

Back