Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tux & Twitch meets Mr Bubbles.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am seriously impressed. Did you use positive reinforcement to teach them to tolerate it so well or did you start when they were teeny weenies?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am impressed too, bath time around here usually is me holding them down and washing as fast as I can. If I set them in water without physically holding them there they would run everytime.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
That is great I love it!:ThumbsUp:
I have to hold Athena and wash as fast as I can, Leo takes his bath ok but stands very still, like he is just wishing it will end asap. Deejay is so good that our daughter gave him a bath the other day he just loves it:Adore:

tessblack

Banned
Well they are patient at first but as the bath goes on they look for ways out but are still pretty good over all. I think that the breeder did start them pretty young as well. I do give them lots of treats after!

kaoticharmony

Banned
I love the suds on the head! They look so well behaved.

I was just noticing Neon is due for his bath.

Does anyone know of any type of wipe that works well for between baths... Something that actually cleans off their natural oils?

Shiva was great about his baths...he just had a thing about being dried. We always did his initial drying in the sink. The moment the towel touched him he would start sounding like a siren.

When I first got Neon and Venus the breeder told me she tub washed them. HAHAHAHAHAHA.... yes and I bet she had stock in first aid supplies! Neon didn't like it and cried. Venus left me bleeding.

I find the sink is the way to go for my little guys. I've said this before... it works wonders to give them a rubber mat to stand on when you bathe them. It makes them feel more secure because it's harder for them to slip and fall.

My Sphynxys say 4 paws up for the mat!!!

tessblack

Banned
I usually don't use wipes but on there feet. I have never found any that I really liked or did a good job if anyone has any ideas please post.

tessblack

Banned
20 days to go... I'm so anxious I can barely contain myself (no pun intended ;)

i know the feeling. I was traveling a lot for work before i got mine so the breeder kept them till 6 months for me. It was so hard I would visit them but just wanted them home. I am so happy I am not racing anymore so now I am home every night with my babies!!!!! I am so excited for you. The husband just left for Florida (Sebring) today and it is the first time I get to stay home. Thought i would be a bit sad but I am not at all!!!!!

i know the feeling. I was traveling a lot for work before i got mine so the breeder kept them till 6 months for me. It was so hard I would visit them but just wanted them home. I am so happy I am not racing anymore so now I am home every night with my babies!!!!! I am so excited for you. The husband just left for Florida (Sebring) today and it is the first time I get to stay home. Thought i would be a bit sad but I am not at all!!!!!

I don't think I could wait 6 months - wow! So glad you get to be with them more now :) Sebring is not too far from here... is he racing in the 12 hours? That is awesome!​

tessblack

Banned
I don't think I could wait 6 months - wow! So glad you get to be with them more now :) Sebring is not too far from here... is he racing in the 12 hours? That is awesome!​

He is not racing but works for the team. Yeah the 12 hrs. I am so sick of that place it is not funny. 12 hours and a bunch of drunks! Well I guess is is better than the 24 hour race we do in France,:Hysterical:

Back