Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tux & Twitch new toilet seat.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love how they both had to go at the same time but tooks turns. I also love the cute little polkadot dress :)

Bella07

Banned
I didn't know that your cats were toilet trained! That is amazing!
And they take turns???? I am so jealous of your cats, they are too smart. :Cool:

tessblack

Banned
It was a tough road for the last four months and the guest bathroom was pretty much off limits to humans. I found when I got the the point where they were just using the seat, everything went well except Twitch would not poop. They were having a hard time balancing as well. So a guy at work made us a carbon fiber seat cover with a smaller hole and more standing area. Also helps a bit with Tux wanting to scratch the water.

The video is not all that clear but the little dress has anchors on it. I just love it she looks so cute in it and was so happy to get a pic with them in clothes using the potty.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't know how they pick what to advertise at the top of the forum, but the ad I see on this thread is for a bidet, lol:LOL: Maybe Tux and Twitch would like one of those:Hysterical::Hysterical::Surprise:

tessblack

Banned
I don't know how they pick what to advertise at the top of the forum, but the ad I see on this thread is for a bidet, lol:LOL: Maybe Tux and Twitch would like one of those:Hysterical::Hysterical::Surprise:

Oh I would love a bidet and i am sure they would love it too, it would be one huge drinking fountain!!!!:Hysterical:

susi794

Staff member
Very impressive! I'd love it if my cats would use the toilet. And they were definitely stylin' too! Love the little dress!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I just love it, all of it, the way they go potty, the seat, and the way that they are always so well dressed:ThumbsUp:
I wish I wish I wish

tessblack

Banned
Too cool, Tessblack. Who initiated the toilet training; you or them?

It was me. I was so tired of the litter box and when they were young they were just poop machines. I always wanted to try it with my hairy cats in the past but never did so when I got theses guys I knew it was time. So much nicer that the box. The only issue is sometimes he will stick his paw in the water after Ahhhhhh

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
We had a stray cat about 25 years ago that just showed up at the house and we kind of adopted him because he would never leave.... LOL He also used the toilet but we never taught him to do it... He never used the litter box. Not once in all the years he was around. He also liked to poop off the side of the fence into the neighbours yard. No, this did not make us popular... He also used to go on top of the garage and hang his butt over the side of the garage and poop... It was just his way. Very weird guy. But he never flushed... Are you going to teach your guys to flush? LOL Kidding aside I have heard people can actually teach them to flush too...

Lisa :)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Tessblack, have you posted your toilet training technique somewhere on Sphynx Lair? If you haven't maybe you should ween you have some spare time. I love the idea of not dealing with litter boxes.

Back in the 70s my newly widowed and lonely grandmother adopted an elderly Himalayan from a woman who was going to put her down because she was having 'litter box issues'. You could imagine both my grandmother's horror and surprise when she heard someone peeing in her toilet and found Bootsie perched on the rim.

Back