Twitch? | Sphynxlair

Twitch?

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by ultra_stella, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ultra_stella

ultra_stellaV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $296.00
    Ratings:
    +369
    Has anyone ever seen a slight twitch on your sphynx(s) body? I don't know if Stella has done this before nor do I know if this is normal, but while Stella was laying down this evening, there was a slight twitch/spasm on her body behind her front left leg. This is probably vague, and I will try to upload the videos here soon. A twitch was also spotted on her back left side. It occurred at the same time as the one behind her left front leg. Maybe it coincides with her breathing? I also noticed she would do a slight head jerk at random times. She did this while her eye with the flare up would squint. But maybe she would squint because she did the head jerk. It's hard to explain. :Sad: This was all happening while she was starting to fall asleep. I started to wonder if maybe she was chilly because it's kind of cold in here. I finally covered her up after taking some video. Like I said, I'll try to get some video on here soon. Is twitching normal?

-Paranoid Momma

2. ultra_stella

Sphynx Bucks:
    $296.00
    Ratings:
    +369
    I want to add that I don't know if it occurred on the right side as well. I looked and didn't see anything, but I might not have looked long enough or at the right time. I haven't seen any more twitching as of 15 minutes ago.

3. ckutkuhn7

ckutkuhn7Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $43.00
    Ratings:
    +2,876
    Snuffie has twitched before but it was more of like a twilight sleep and I assumed she was dreaming. She also will be in a dead sleep and wake up in what I call a "meow scream" and then she looks around and goes back to sleep. Its as if she had a nightmare. lol Not funny but the first time it happened I jumped about a foot off the couch and I always recall that moment.

Sometimes her skin with twitch as well as if she had a itch or something.

Could she have been dreaming maybe??

4. Mews2much

Mews2muchV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $137.00
    Ratings:
    +2,010
    All my cats have done that.

5. ultra_stella

Sphynx Bucks:
    $296.00
    Ratings:
    +369
    I'm a bit of a hypochondriac for Stella. :Sweat: I figured it was normal. I've seen her whole body twitch before, but these were just certain parts on her body like us having muscle spasms. I think it coincided with her breathing, but at random times. She wasn't quite asleep yet, so I don't think it was her falling into a dream. I think we're good now. lol

ckutkuhn: That probably would have freaked me out too! LOL Poor Snuffie!

6. TanyaT

TanyaTV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $318.00
    Ratings:
    +626
    Yup Snuggles does it too! I never noticed it with Abby since she has hair I am assuming:Wink:

7. ultra_stella

Sphynx Bucks:
    $296.00
    Ratings:
    +369
    Of course the first thing I thought about was her breathing or her heart. :Dizzy: I'm glad to hear certain twitching body parts are normal! :Smile:

8. Mug-ys mumma

Mug-ys mummaV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $379.99
    Ratings:
    +585
    Mug-Y twitches too and sometimes does this leg shaking thing with his back legs if anything touches them (he has a real hatred of anything touching his feet or legs) It can be quite amusing watching him hop about on three legs shaking the other one out behind him!!:LOL:

I don't think it's anything medical just like an itch or a dream.

X