Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Two cats vs three???

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ooooooooh do I hear kitten fever here? :)
With three you'll always have one cat to cuddle! I think three cats will be more or less the same then 2. Maybe 2 will be more close then the third. But heck...then you just add number 4:).
Just entertaining the thought, and maybe there's an opportunity that's presented itself...and maybe I'm visiting this week.... :whistle:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Personally with 4, I say if you can afford the food and care and extra litter go for it. I know you have 2 kittens ...waiting a few more months let’s your current duo bond with you and then if you get a kitten, you will start the joy all over again, as well as the cost for spay/neutering etc. so happy you continue to open your heart this amazing breed.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Zab , oooohh can't wait for an update :)

I have a quad squad of adult adoptees - 3 males 1 female -
They are a hoot together - very bonded -

The only difference I see is less room in the bed for me lol
(Besides the extra vet bills , litter scooping and extra litter boxes )
Amd of course extra throw blankies

I have typically found males to bond and the girl to be the queen of her underlings :)

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yasss sphynx fevverrrr! I’m in the same boat, lol. I told hubby that I ultimately want to get up to 4 total :LOL:

Do you have your eyes on a specific kitten already, or just entertaining the idea of another?!? I have no experience, but I’m wholely an enabler, and I support this decision! :ROFLMAO:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, as it happens to be.... There is a new breeder in my home town. I've always had to travel far to get a sphynx. I was totally happy about this and I saw that there is two boys looking for a forever home from the first litter. They are gooooorgeous! Being a pain in the butt I just had to ask about them and about her breeding and so on. It turns out that the kittens mommy comes from Siiris breeder and the daddy from Villes breeder and they are mentoring this new breeder together. Like it was ment to be! The lines on these are so clean that I just have to go and see the little ones.
Talked to the hubby and he just said that I have to have one more because I'm afraid to loose one to some horrible thing and I can't bear the thought of a solo kitten in the house. Then he said he wants to come with and he knows he's gonna be sold on the spot. So, there are two boys with blue eyes, one with spots on the back and one with a black patch on the nose. They are about 12 weeks already and I'm first in line. We do have room in our house. We did buy a new extra big bed this summer ;-) Maybe, just maybe this is my christmas gift to myself? They are very expensive, but what is money? It floats in and out of my life like snow, I have no kids to care for. The only thing is how to make it happen when we both work during days. I need to be home for a week, at least.
I can hear myself writing this. I've already decided, haven't I?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab how exciting!!! I’ll be following closely for pics of these cute boys. I’m in the exact same boat as you! Finns half brother and sisters were born last week, and they’re my absolutely favorite color of sphynx: blue mink. I’ve always wanted at least 3 or 4, and why not while my boys are still young! But the hubby isn’t so sure, he doesn’t want the dynamic to be thrown off with a third. I may just have to wait for my breeders next litter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab how exciting!!! I’ll be following closely for pics of these cute boys. I’m in the exact same boat as you! Finns half brother and sisters were born last week, and they’re my absolutely favorite color of sphynx: blue mink. I’ve always wanted at least 3 or 4, and why not while my boys are still young! But the hubby isn’t so sure, he doesn’t want the dynamic to be thrown off with a third. I may just have to wait for my breeders next litter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow! You want blue cats, I have two already! I'm totally sold on those blue eyes but also want a black cat. But I'm also afraid it will make me sad and remind me of Fisen that we lost. A friend of mine has 3 devon rex cats and she's casually saying that you hardly know the difference between two or three...
Of course it's easier while the pack is young to introduce a new kitten. I'm thinking the same thing. Any pictures of the little ones you can share yet?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab the hubby told me last night if I pay my credit card off by February (some house dept) I can get a third!! Mind you, these babies would well be reserved as they’d come home February. I’m thinking I can just send her the money now, and then show hubby my credit card statement in feb LOL.

I love your twos colouring ! They’re beautiful. I sure do have some photos! 3 boys and 3 girls, 3 are looking blue mink and 3 are darker like black/chocolate.
7d23afeb72250a3637da5be3a21af64f.jpg
c1ce27d9bde60abfd31a569b154e8ffa.jpg
IMG_7901.jpg

Any photos yet of the two boys you're going to visit? Black sure are beautiful too, although I'm not too sure about how another black would make you feel. It could infact be the opposite! It could make you happy, rememind you of Fisen and how much you loved him <3

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab the hubby told me last night if I pay my credit card off by February (some house dept) I can get a third!! Mind you, these babies would well be reserved as they’d come home February. I’m thinking I can just send her the money now, and then show hubby my credit card statement in feb LOL.

I love your twos colouring ! They’re beautiful. I sure do have some photos! 3 boys and 3 girls, 3 are looking blue mink and 3 are darker like black/chocolate.
View attachment 88602

Any photos yet of the two boys you're going to visit? Black sure are beautiful too, although I'm not too sure about how another black would make you feel. It could infact be the opposite! It could make you happy, rememind you of Fisen and how much you loved him <3
Oh I'm in love! :love:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

View attachment 88602

Here are the two boys that are up for grabs!
Boy1.JPG
Boy2.JPG
Boy22.JPG

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab they're both way too cute! And as I said, they both have your name written on them. Four it will be!:)
Oh dear god, I think one is good enough for now! I'm totally set on the boy with spots on the back and a white nose. I still want to visit and see what kind of personalities they have before I do anything else... Two crazy boys in the house could be a bit much for Siiri, she's such a gentle one. Then again, she's the oldest so maybe she'll be ok with it since she and I have a girls club! :p

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oooooo they're so handsome! I especially like the polka dotted little guy, reminds me of Yoda's markings :) So exciting!! When do you go visit the cuties?

Back