Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Two Kittens?

Merlin M. Mom

Lairian
Is it better to get two kittens at once or bond first then decide about having two? I am a first time Sphynx owner with a large Chihuahua who sleeps most of the time. Just curious and need opinions. Merlins Mom at the end of January.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Merlin M. Mom, as I always say 2 is better then 1 :Wink:
Either way you decide it is fine but I think you will end up with 2 sooner or later anyway!:BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
Two is great if you can afford it...that way they bond together too with no having to introduce someone new in a short time.

tessblack

Banned
I got a brother and sister and happy that I did. They are always together and then they are not alone when we are not here. Good luck.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. If you can afford a second Sphynx, I would go for it. Sphynx are such social creatures and love companionship. Having a playmate (even a furred kitten) with the same activity level would also take some pressure off your sleepy older dog who may or may not be amused by the interactive nature of a Sphynx. Good luck.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would say go ahead and get two if you can. I thought for sure just one would do me but I fell head over heals so quickly and just had to have another and sure enough, I got another within 9 months!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I started with 1 sphynx but have 3 now.
I should have got Cleos half sister when I got her but I didnt.
Either way is fine.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had two older Maine Coons when I got my first Sphynx. She was overwhelming for older kitties of a breed that isn't real active. So 6 months later I got my second baldie. It would have been easier for everyone concerned if I'd gotten 2 right at the beginning.

dpannell

Lairian
No questions about it...two. Two provides added benefits to their psychosocial health needs. But remember, two requires two times the: love, attention, food, treats, health costs, toys, bathing/manicuring/grooming, litter, scooping/litter maintenance...
Good luck in whatever you decide!

Bella07

Banned
If you can afford to bring home two kittens, they I would highly recommend it! There would be so much less stress for the kits when they are brought home, when you are gone, they will have someone to play with and keep them company, plus, you'll get TWICE the amount of love, at the same time! :Adore: Good Luck!

DaddyO

Lairian
Sphynx are pretty addictive. I have homed kittens to people who were absolutely sure that one Sphynx was enough for them but every time, within a couple of months they were either ready for another Sphynx straight away or knew they wanted another Sphynx within the next year or so.

Two together is by far the easiest way - easiest for the kittens and easiest for you! Most breeders love to see two go together. I personally would put a home for two at the top of the queue and I do a serious discount on the second kitten because for me, it is the best way to home my kittens. Peace of mind.

Sometimes breeders are looking to home the mother cat with one of her kittens and this can be another good way to get twice the pleasure at once :BigSmile:

TotenEngel

Banned
I already had 3 furries so didnt want 2 as I thought it would be far too much for them to handle (my oldest is 12)
However, 3 months after having Smeagol I am making plans for a second nekkid!!

shanny

Lairian
Bonjour,

Je suis de Laval dans la province de Québec au Canada. J'envie les personnes qui ont un ou des sphynx !!! J'aimerais en avoir 1 pour juillet 2011, mais ce qui m'inquiète est que je travaille 8 hres par jour.....va t'il s'ennuyer et en être très malheureux ? C'est fou, parce que j'ai déjà eu des chats et qu'ils n'avaient pas l'air à s'embêter tant que ça !

Y aurait il quelqu'un qui pourrait me référer une bonne chatterie dans mon secteur ?

Merci

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Is it better to get two kittens at once or bond first then decide about having two? I am a first time Sphynx owner with a large Chihuahua who sleeps most of the time. Just curious and need opinions. Merlins Mom at the end of January.

I always say, 'the more, the merrier':BigSmile:

Back