Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Uber Gotcha Day Finally Arrived!!!

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well after 25 years and 7 failed attempts at Gotcha Day, mine finally arrived on the 8th try, last night! Uber and his other humans arrived around 5:45 pm local time yesterday. It was so funny, Uber arrived at our door, in his other mom's arm, wriggling to get down right away! So she plopped him down after we shut the front door and off he went, sniffing and rubbing his face on everything and talking up a storm! We played him with him and the pheasant feathers his other mom brought, and had him rub up against our legs. He got in our laps for brief moments but really most of the evening he was cruising all over checking everything out. He ventured upstairs several times to sniff at our girls from under their door. I didn't hear any hissing from the girls but Uber had a low rumbly closed-mouth growl thing going on. His body language seemed relaxed though. He had a tiny appetizer of Wooter's kibble leftovers (maybe a teaspoon worth) and had his raw dinner. Later in the evening around quarter till 8, he finally decided to mellow out some to watch TV with me.

I was afraid he'd patrol our bedroom and bathroom all night and make a ruckus but he was very good. :joyful:

I let Uber and the girls see each other through the cracked door of the girls' room and Uber just did his low rumbling but still looked fairly relaxed and confident. Wooter came close and gave a good sniff but didn't hiss. Aurora was resting comfortably and saw the cracked door but didn't move to come to investigate.

While I was at work today my daughter accidentally let Wooter out but there wasn't much inter-cat drama.

Uber is having a siesta right now. He's been napping for a couple hours, so hopefully he'll decide to wake up before we need to start our dinner so we can do more door-crack interactions with Aurora and Wooter. We are thinking tomorrow we will let them all loose with supervision for a little bit to see how they do.

I've shared about Uber's arrival on my Instagram and Facebook and I'm trying hard not to spam everyone. This has been such an event! And I'm SO HAPPY he's finally here! I feel like I never want to stop looking at him or petting him if he's near me. I'm still somewhat in awe, and part of me thinks this is somehow a dream! My daughter and I both love the sound when he shakes his head and his ears flap, LOL. We also discovered that he loves our computers and jumping onto the kitchen table :p And when he jumps he doesn't just jump, he flies! That cat can catch some air!

Here are some of the pictures we've gotten in the less than 24 hours since Uber arrived. Over the weekend I'm hoping to get more, better, pictures of him and maybe with the girls too. But that boy is hardly ever still! :D So enjoy what I was able to get so far :shame:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Well after 25 years and 7 failed attempts at Gotcha Day, mine finally arrived on the 8th try, last night! Uber and his other humans arrived around 5:45 pm local time yesterday. It was so funny, Uber arrived at our door, in his other mom's arm, wriggling to get down right away! So she plopped him down after we shut the front door and off he went, sniffing and rubbing his face on everything and talking up a storm! We played him with him and the pheasant feathers his other mom brought, and had him rub up against our legs. He got in our laps for brief moments but really most of the evening he was cruising all over checking everything out. He ventured upstairs several times to sniff at our girls from under their door. I didn't hear any hissing from the girls but Uber had a low rumbly closed-mouth growl thing going on. His body language seemed relaxed though. He had a tiny appetizer of Wooter's kibble leftovers (maybe a teaspoon worth) and had his raw dinner. Later in the evening around quarter till 8, he finally decided to mellow out some to watch TV with me.

I was afraid he'd patrol our bedroom and bathroom all night and make a ruckus but he was very good. :joyful:

I let Uber and the girls see each other through the cracked door of the girls' room and Uber just did his low rumbling but still looked fairly relaxed and confident. Wooter came close and gave a good sniff but didn't hiss. Aurora was resting comfortably and saw the cracked door but didn't move to come to investigate.

While I was at work today my daughter accidentally let Wooter out but there wasn't much inter-cat drama.

Uber is having a siesta right now. He's been napping for a couple hours, so hopefully he'll decide to wake up before we need to start our dinner so we can do more door-crack interactions with Aurora and Wooter. We are thinking tomorrow we will let them all loose with supervision for a little bit to see how they do.

I've shared about Uber's arrival on my Instagram and Facebook and I'm trying hard not to spam everyone. This has been such an event! And I'm SO HAPPY he's finally here! I feel like I never want to stop looking at him or petting him if he's near me. I'm still somewhat in awe, and part of me thinks this is somehow a dream! My daughter and I both love the sound when he shakes his head and his ears flap, LOL. We also discovered that he loves our computers and jumping onto the kitchen table :p And when he jumps he doesn't just jump, he flies! That cat can catch some air!

Here are some of the pictures we've gotten in the less than 24 hours since Uber arrived. Over the weekend I'm hoping to get more, better, pictures of him and maybe with the girls too. But that boy is hardly ever still! :D So enjoy what I was able to get so far :shame:

Welcome to your forever home Uber. Enjoy your weekend and be sure to share him with us when you can.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Catzzzmeow I took a bunch of pics this evening with my DSLR and plan on taking lots more over the weekend so I will definitely share more! p;'/ (That was Uber helping! :ROFLMAO:) I'm one of those people who takes an ungodly amount of pics, trying to get the perfect shot (now that I don't have to pay for film) so there's lots of filtering ahead!

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I told myself the only pic of an actual Sphynx was reserved for the one I got on my Gotcha Day. And THERE HE IS! :)

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh he is so handsome! Love his markings :) I'm glad he is settling in well and you finally have your Sphynx baby you have always wanted! Can't wait for updates.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This weekend has gone quite well with introducing Uber to Aurora and Wooter, and general interactions! We let the girls out on Saturday to meet him face to face. There has been a small amount of hissing from both of the girls.

Wooter has done lots of pouting and being anti-social but she's realizing that Uber isn't an instrument of death.

Aurora was accepting butt-sniffs from him this evening and keeps investigating the bed when he's hiding in it sleeping, so closeness doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

They are all free- roaming the house after we wake up and give them breakfast. We aren't letting them have unattended time overnight yet. Not until Wooter is friendlier with him.

I took Uber out on the front porch with a harness and leash and he seemed to enjoy it. I'm going to keep outside time to a minimum until the girls accept him more, I don't want extra smells making introduction harder.

I didn't realize his other Mom had just bathed him on Wednesday and I gave him a bath on Saturday because he was looking super grungy! I was starting to call him Dave Grohl! :D So, now I know what he's like in the bath. I am considering getting in there with him, leaning over the tub made my back ache! His shampoo smells like almonds and vanilla :)

He's been rubbing his face on everything and got dark crusty spots on his cheeks and chin. Thankfully those are clearing up now.

I have a Google album which I'm updating with pictures. I will share more pictures soon, my tablet is about to die and Uber is grooming himself on my lap right now!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What a great start to your new life with a Sphynx. I have a super bad back, so we got a baby bathtub and bathe both of ours on the kitchen counter. Much easier on your back. You could try baby wipes on his chin and head for those super-dirty spots from all the marking he is doing. He's adorable!

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Cleopatra Beers Our tubs were actually used for working on prospecting. Wouldn't that be something if a big fat gold flake fell out between kitty toes?!

@Catzzzmeow I need to do some measurements to see what size of tub we should get. Definitely something I'm looking into!

@Anita Eccleston Thank you for the kind wishes!

@JSal My family and I have fallen head over feet in love with this boy so fast! Maybe it's because of the two heart patches on his side (he also has a sideways "8" on his other side, fitting because it took me 8 times reaching out to get him!) ? Or his smooshy personality? Or the funny way that he hop-runs when he's all riled up? :D

Tonight or tomorrow I will add more pictures and have more tales of Uber and the girls!

Back