Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

UK Sphynx Cat Show

TotenEngel

Banned
The UK Sphynx Cat Association have got their first exemption show next saturday!
It is in Warwickshire, but it looks like we are gonna do the drive to go and drool a little!

Anyone else UK based and going/interested in going?

BlueGirl

Lairian
Ive been dying to go to a sphynx show but unfortunatly its just too far for me to travel, since I dont have a car and trains are exspensive, you'll need to take lots of photos :Wink:

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Please take lots of pics for us US sphynx-o-philes! I would love to see all the furless eye candy.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Take pics and I may know some of the breeders in the U.K.
I heard the shows are run differently then here.

TotenEngel

Banned
It was actually the Short Hair Cat Association Show but was also the 1st Sphynx Association one.
Have to say I was sadly dissapointed by the low number of sphynxes on show (there was a total of 12!) Lots of beautiful babies all round, I have also decided I am definatly taken by the long haired Selkirk Rexes too!! (yeah, thanks to who ever it is that has the beautiful 2 on here!!)
Most of the owners were lovely and let us say hello to their babies!

This is the blue boy that won best in show sphynx

Thia was our favourite nakid of the day!! A real character that to us is typical of just why we love them so much!! Plus the owners were our kind of folk!! We love to meet other wierdies LOL They also had a beautiful red/white boy but he wasn't coming out of his nice warm blankie to say hello

Very sweet little odd eyed white girl that had obviously been fighting with her sister!

Lovely black/chocolate baby girl! These owners had one of each colour but apparantly had various dispute with several judges over what colour they really were! Only 6 months old, bless

There was also a red tabby and white but I have to say he really didn't grab me in the way my Smeagol did!!

And just to prove my boys are my personal best in show, they got loads of goodies!! I'll put pics up in another post so its not so long!)

TotenEngel

Banned
Even though we'd been out all day , these boys which side their bread is buttered on!! LOL Here are their gifties from today!

After seeing Tesses Video I decided to invest in one of these (especially as it was at a bargain price from a rescue stall!!) Smeagol and Red keep going back to it so looks like it is a hit!

Nice fleecy blankets at bargain prices, so grabbed a few!! Also pipe cleaner spider after the post I saw on here!!

Haha!! A new herbal, organic australian range of cleaning products! Including some apprehension drops (after Kats recommendation!!) Also, a spot cleaner for between baths that I thought was an intersting idea to try!

New Toys!! YAY Including ping pong balls that are their faves! A new laser pen because the batteries have died on our old one and this was probably cheaper than a new set for the old pen!!

New super scent free cat litter! Always up for trying things, especially after a very convincing demo!!

Phew!! Long day for us and now busy evening for them!! LOL

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear you guys had a fun time. I love all the pics and I think the black girl was my favorite. I'm sure the boys were very excited you went since they made out like bandits:BigSmile: I look forward to going to my first CFA cat show next Saturday:BigSmile:!

TotenEngel

Banned
I would be in heaven to see 12 Sphynx at a show. In my area you are lucky to see 1-3Sphynx.

Thanks for sharing such great pictures. I love all presents.

We did travel 2 1/2 hours each way, but it was the first UK Sphynx Association show so I'd hope more people would have been there just to support the breed here!!
I know there's at least 1 more in my area!! (aka Morticia!)
Though, of course, being a GCCF show there were no Don Sphynxes (as if I needed more convincing my boy was special!!)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We did travel 2 1/2 hours each way, but it was the first UK Sphynx Association show so I'd hope more people would have been there just to support the breed here!!
I know there's at least 1 more in my area!! (aka Morticia!)
Though, of course, being a GCCF show there were no Don Sphynxes (as if I needed more convincing my boy was special!!)

12 is still good for a first gathering. Hopefully word of mouth will get out there and you will see more the next time. We already know Smeagol is one of a kind!

Back