Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ukrainian Levkoy and Canadian Sphynx

Letti

Lairian
Hello, I’m new to this page and I’ve been doing lots of research and had asked reputable registered breeders all about the breed. I guess I can say that I might have a little knowledge about the breed and genetics. So I just have a quick question, I know for in fact if a Canadian and Donskoy sphynx are outcrossed, most likely the kittens will die. So I was wondering, is it the same with outcrossing a Ukrainian Levkoy with a Canadian Sphynx? Will that outcrossing cause health issues on the kittens? It’s just as question to gain more knowledge.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Gosh I have no idea. I wonder there is someone out there who has experience with both breeds and would know the answer?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Letti

Lairian
Honestly, I have done so much research and to me it sounds like a really bad idea. They are two completely different genes and they shouldn’t be crossed. If it’s dangerous to cross a Canadian with Donskoy, then it will also be dangerous for a Ukrainian Levkoy, Peterbald and Lykoi.