Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Umbilical hernia repair

carly gail

Lairian
hello!

Baldwin had his hernia repair about a week and a half ago now. The incision site is healing very nicely, however there is a lump/ping pong ball looking thing under neath skin. Vet says it's from him being too active (ugh, not wrong there.), and to try to slow him down a bit. I'm doing my best but he's a wild one. And he wails from being confined in the bedroom. Any tips on this? How long should I keep him confined in here?

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would ask the vet if a week ? In kitty rehab?
They certainly are go go go

Lots of extra cuddle time as often as you can
And perhaps a warmed up blanket from the drier to make him rest /sleep
I left on a radio or TV

Healing vibes!
Look forward to positve updates!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hello!

Baldwin had his hernia repair about a week and a half ago now. The incision site is healing very nicely, however there is a lump/ping pong ball looking thing under neath skin. Vet says it's from him being too active (ugh, not wrong there.), and to try to slow him down a bit. I'm doing my best but he's a wild one. And he wails from being confined in the bedroom. Any tips on this? How long should I keep him confined in here?
As with a baby child, they just need to be left alone and will most likely settle down and stop fussing, Don't answer the cries. Be sure there is food and water and check in on him here and there. He needs to safely heal up. :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hugs for you and Baldwin cause this must be hard. Is it allowed to carry him with you? So he's with you, can see things but doesn't walk/run. You could also look up mindgames for cats. That will keep him busy without moving.
Sending healing vibes to Baldwin

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
IMG_0019.PNG
Use a cone of shame.
These are blown up type.
Much more comfortable.
You might need to take off just to feed him.
They have them at other places check, petsmart and petco.
I used this for a example.

carly gail

Lairian
Thank you for all the positive vibes! His little lump at the incision site for the hernia has gone down some, but not all the way. He's still very fussy but pretty soon here he will be able to roam around again!!!

Back