Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Under eyes looked burned

Kat Mannix

Lairian
I just got my Sphynx kitten a week ago. He's been perfectly healthy. This morning he woke up with under his eyes red and looking burned. I'm not sure what happened. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Kat

Attachments

• 20161025_184547.jpg
    20161025_184547.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 61

GMPLAX23

Lairian
Have you tried wiping them clean? And then song if it happens again? They remind me of tear stains in dogs but I don't think these cats get that....

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I just got my Sphynx kitten a week ago. He's been perfectly healthy. This morning he woke up with under his eyes red and looking burned. I'm not sure what happened. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Kat
Sorry to hear of this issue. Does it bother him if touched? Is it cold in your neck of the woods? Perhaps a heat source he had gotten near? A vet visit may be needed. Keep us posted.

Welcome by the way! :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
It's difficult to tell from the pic but could it be eye scoop? You can try clean it with a baby wipe (non alcohol) or with a tissue with some water.

Kat Mannix

Lairian
I gave him a bath yesterday. This morning it doesn't look any better. He has been sleeping on my old fluffy robe in my laundry room at night.
He acts completely normal, playing and being silly.

I have an appointment with a veterinarian tomorrow.

I just wanted a group opinion with veteran owners.

Thanks

Kat

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Can you try a very wet paper towel to see if it comes off? If red or oozing do not. Some times we skin look like scabs when not rinsed well and peel off with skin fine underneath you will know as soon as you gently start to wipe. @Kat Mannix

Kat Mannix

Lairian
Can you try a very wet paper towel to see if it comes off? If red or oozing do not. Some times we skin look like scabs when not rinsed well and peel off with skin fine underneath you will know as soon as you gently start to wipe. @Kat Mannix
I tried that too. They seem to be dry today I'll try it again. They were like little welts under his eyes, slightly puffy.

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe he was rubbing his face on something a lot, perhaps if his eyes were itchy.

One of my sphynx occasionally gets these kind of scabs on his neck from rough housing and rubbing on the edges of boxes a lot

Another possibility might be him trying to push his way into something. A small gap. Dippy scratched his face in a similar way trying to push his way into the wardrobe which was open a small gap.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kat Mannix , Awh - first happy gotcha! He is adorable !
What is his name ? So adorable

Keep us updated on his vet visit - positve vibes sent

Are there any fabric sheets in the laundry room/ mixed in with your robe he slept on thst could cause irritation?
Just trying to brain storm

With any new kitties during the wellness check I always ask to rule out any brewing upper respiratory infections not uncommon with new kitties
I also ask vet to listen to the heart for any murmurs since We are there already for a visit (some vets don't listen to hearts or lung sounds automatically -so I ask while I am there )

Some breeders contracts require a vet visit too so good to bring him in for a omce over wellness check :)

Looking forward to positve updates

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wow what a difference...and omg what a cutie. So happy you solved the mystery. We need to see more of this face!

Back