Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Undercover Mouse

Brooke

Banned
Since many of us share the same issue of our kitties not letting us sleep...you might benefit from this toy like I did!

I got it at PetSmart yesterday. Its a round nylon piece of fabric that has a motor underneath with a rubber mouse tail attached to it. The mouse tail spins around randomly and the cat goes NUTS trying to catch it. Walter played with it for 2 straight hours as soon as I got it home. He wore himself out, passed out at bedtime last night, and stayed in bed until the alarm went off this morning!

I've got the toy turned on right now, in hopes that he'll wear himself out again. :tinysmile_sleep_t:

Here's a video that someone posted on YouTube. (There are several, but I picked this one because it has a sphynxes in it!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The Flingamastring also keeps them busy for hours... Kramer loves it. It takes up much less room as it hooks to a door knob.

Brooke

Banned
Yeah, Kerrie, we have the Flingamastring, too. Walter will get the string in his mouth and back up, stretching the elastic band about 6 feet away from the door and then he just stands there with it because he can't let go or it will snap back! That's another great toy.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Petsmart also carries something called the "kitty cabana", it is like an infants playmat...Kramer LOVES it, he is never bored with it.

Moonstone

Lairian
great toys !
Thanks for the video, they are so cute the kitties...
:tinysmile_kiss_t:
I will have a look on the internet for the other toys you mentioned.
Always need good idea for mines !

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just about fell out of my chair laughing - What adorable kittens!!! I'll have to go buy one of those for Oogie, he's such a curious cat by nature, I bet he'd LOVE playing with something like that! He's got one of those little round tubes with the ball in it - He'll play with it for hours swatting at the ball inside, he's very easy to entertain!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ok so I brough the toy home and meecho flipped!! She loved it soooooo much that twenty minutes later it was broken. :tinysmile_cry_t4:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yep you are right Clean it & return; not that I am cheap but 20 minutes? Either it is made very cheaply or there was a defect to begin with. They will just send back the the manufacturer & get a new one.

Brooke

Banned
I'm with Kerrie - you must've gotten a defective one, Walter has been beating this thing up for a week now and it's still going strong. Already had to change the batteries once, though. He pulls the mouse tail part off a lot, but it just sticks right back on...

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Petsmart was really cool about taking it back and I ended up exchanging for that krazy kitty one. It has a ball that makes all these sounds and a wand that twitches. She was very happy with that until she saw the cheap 97 cent ball I bought her. Figures she would want to play with the dollar toy more then the $38 one.

What happened with the toy was she kept pulling the wand out but then she kept sitting on the center of the cover and the motor kept wanting to go and ended up burning out. The guy at petsmart just laughed and we both thought that they should have made it just a tad bit more durable for cats. Then again you've all seen how crazy she can get. I don't think anything really stands a chance with her. I mean I had bought her a play center that multiple levels and she broke that after three days. I had to condense it to one level :tinysmile_tongue_t:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well they probably are durable for a regular cat.... Just not CRAZY Sphynx cats! They should have Sphynx "test" cat toys for durability!

Starchasm

Lairian
oOooo what's it called?

Then again, between my two I think they'd have it deconstructed in under 10 minutes. Percy's still figuring out how to play so it might be good for him, though.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I was at the Petsmart by my work and they had the Undercover Mouse on sale so I decided to give it another try. When I got home Meecho got really excited like she knew what was in that box. I opened and what did I find...no wands!! Apparently it had been returned and the store put it back on the shelf without checking it. Not only was that one there, but the one I returned and told them needed to be sent back because it was broken. Well I decided to take back to the one by my house and this one was perfect. Meecho has been playing with it non-stop for three day's now and it still works. The only problem I had with it was when the wand came off. Not a big deal, but like Meecho's other favorite toys she took the wand with her when she wanted to put it someplace safe. This time I found it sitting next to her water bowl, one fuzzy toy was in her food bowl, the other fuzzy toy was at the bottom of the stairs and the last fuzzy toy was under her blanket. When I put them all back, she put all her fuzzy toy's on top of the undercover mouse. Guess she wants to keep them all together so it's easier for her to find them and redisperse them to her "safe places" :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
Walter still plays with his Undercover Mouse everyday, too! But, I'm constantly reattaching the wand. He pulls it off and drops it by my feet and then meows and runs around in circles until I put it back on. I think he's made a game out of it.

Back