Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Unwanted guest

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I almost peed my pants when I saw this sweetheart watching me outside our kitchen window. I think it's the neighbors cat and I think it's a she. She attacked the window when Ville saw her and jumped up there. When I went out she fled to the end of the patio and then over the fence. I hope this will not be a problem...
IMG_20190514_202543.jpg
IMG_20190514_202851.jpg
IMG_20190514_211238_234.jpg
IMG_20190514_203017.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190514_203017.jpg
    IMG_20190514_203017.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 18

alandsim

Lairian
She's curious but she does look nice! Hopefully if you guys go outside she'll stay away from the indoor cats.

My neighbor has a ton of outdoor cats. I just hope to god they are all spayed and neutered.

When we first moved in I was REALLY annoyed because I don't want to worry about them coming into my yard and trying to keep them safe from the dog, but they stay away when he's out, they are really friendly to humans and obviously Jo has his own sister kitty now. ; )

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, the unwanted guest mystery is solved. Our furry friend is called Zingo and lives three doors down and belongs to the little girl there. Zingo is the cat that sat in the birch tree for 50 hrs last summer and the fire department came and took him/her down (Zingo must be loved since it cost them a pretty penny). I still don't know if it's a he or a she, but I do know Zingo is fixed, what a relief. Apparently Zingo makes house calls to another family too, an elderly couple, during tea time... I haven't talked to the owners yet but now that we know Zingo has a home I can exhale. The dusk and early morning visits will continue, I'm sure of it! To be continued...

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, the unwanted guest mystery is solved. Our furry friend is called Zingo and lives three doors down and belongs to the little girl there. Zingo is the cat that sat in the birch tree for 50 hrs last summer and the fire department came and took him/her down (Zingo must be loved since it cost them a pretty penny). I still don't know if it's a he or a she, but I do know Zingo is fixed, what a relief. Apparently Zingo makes house calls to another family too, an elderly couple, during tea time... I haven't talked to the owners yet but now that we know Zingo has a home I can exhale. The dusk and early morning visits will continue, I'm sure of it! To be continued...
What a lovely story a neighbour hood kitty making calls on her / his kitty neighbours .. no doubt hoping for a treat or two xx❤️❤️❤️Xx

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, Zingo is always licking her lips when looking in to our kitchen. Sadly the law in Sweden says that if you start feeding a cat it's yours...
Hiya again !
Wow really ! Where I live in Newton Le willows we have at least 15 feral cats in our backs .. my two are really fussy so what sachets they don’t like I give to the cat lady down the road from me , I wouldn’t like to say how many she owns of her own ! The cats in our backs are always having kittens , and I’ve asked to take them to the pdsa they will fix them but she says there aren’t hers but she feeds them so good job that isn’t the case here .... in some ways its a tad sad cause if they no mum or dad who would feed them . I’d have to sneak them food in the dead of night
Xxx❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya again !
Wow really ! Where I live in Newton Le willows we have at least 15 feral cats in our backs .. my two are really fussy so what sachets they don’t like I give to the cat lady down the road from me , I wouldn’t like to say how many she owns of her own ! The cats in our backs are always having kittens , and I’ve asked to take them to the pdsa they will fix them but she says there aren’t hers but she feeds them so good job that isn’t the case here .... in some ways its a tad sad cause if they no mum or dad who would feed them . I’d have to sneak them food in the dead of night
Xxx❤❤❤Xxx
Oh bless you! It warms my heart to hear... In Sweden they try to educate people who take a kitty for the summer and then leave it at their summer house when summer is over. Also a new law just came called Lex Maja and this is a huge thing for cats in Sweden. But still, dogs have higher status here. There are lots of feral cats here too, and lots of shelters. If you buy a cat from a shelter it's fixed and vaccinated. They also check up the new owner and offer back seat support. The best thing is to try and educate people and do what you can. I wish I could take all the needy cats home, but it just doesn't work that way....

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya again !
Xxx❤❤❤Xxx
Oh bless you! It warms my heart to hear... In Sweden they try to educate people who take a kitty for the summer and then leave it at their summer house when summer is over. Also a new law just came called Lex Maja and this is a huge thing for cats in Sweden. But still, dogs have higher status here. There are lots of feral cats here too, and lots of shelters. If you buy a cat from a shelter it's fixed and vaccinated. They also check up the new owner and offer back seat support. The best thing is to try and educate people and do what you can. I wish I could take all the needy cats home, but it just doesn't work that way....

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya again !
I do think it’s the maternal side of us , that wants to nurture . I just love all animals ( I am petrified of rodents and I really mean petrified )
In the uk if you run over a dog on the road you have to report it .. but if you run over a cat you can just carry on and leave the poor creature even if you didn’t kill it out right ! To me that’s like murder !
To be honest I think it’s good we have the feral cats because they keep down the rodents which in turn makes me so very happy ah ha
I do think it’s great what you guys are doing in Sweden . It’s a great idea to educate people about animal welfare
If I was allowed I’d have loads of four legged babies trotting round , but my hub a lub does restrain me ah ha
I think one day I shall have the title of CAT lady just like the lady down the road from me ah ha
Xx❤️❤️Xx

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have fed feral cats before. People don't like it when you do that but it's not against the law. I think they do keep rodents down.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I have fed feral cats before. People don't like it when you do that but it's not against the law. I think they do keep rodents down.

I feel it is heartless not to feed them during the times of year they have less prey. Frankly, it’s also rude and not a great way to thank someone who keeps the rodent population in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I feel it is heartless not to feed them during the times of year they have less prey. Frankly, it’s also rude and not a great way to thank someone who keeps the rodent population in check.

100%
I did some work this company a few years ago. They bought a small office building for themselves that was kind of run down but they renovated the inside really nicely. Great except for one thing - rats above the ceiling and sometimes they would make their way down. The company tried all kinds of exterminators. Nothing worked. Finally they brought in a cat. Problem solved. Eventually they added a kitten also. So you'd be working and all of a sudden a cat would jump on your desk. Of courses I never minded going there.

Sheldon13

Staff member
100%
I did some work this company a few years ago. They bought a small office building for themselves that was kind of run down but they renovated the inside really nicely. Great except for one thing - rats above the ceiling and sometimes they would make their way down. The company tried all kinds of exterminators. Nothing worked. Finally they brought in a cat. Problem solved. Eventually they added a kitten also. So you'd be working and all of a sudden a cat would jump on your desk. Of courses I never minded going there.

lol perfect! I wouldn’t mind the occasional cat distraction at work, rats or no rats.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Isn't it something how government has to spend time on laws just to tell people what they should already know....

Back