Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Update on Anabelle

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm so glad my little Anabelle has inspired others to start sharing some of the amazing stories of dogs they've rescued!!!!!!

Little Anabelle is still hanging in there, I feel so guilty right now, she wants so bad to be held, cuddled, and loved, and I'm sure it'd make her feel better, but until we can get this bad URI under control and she's no longer coughing and blowing snot everywhere, I can't risk the health of my other animals by bringing her back home. She is responding to the antibiotics, slowly but surely. I went to see her again today, took her a nice soft bed, a warm blanket, and some really tiny kibble so they can leave dry food in with her all night. She's still not eating much at all, which is got us all concerned. The vet is force feeding her some but doesn't want to stress her by force feeding her to much. She was sure happy to see me when I went to see her, I think she understands I'm her new mommy! Poor girl has a long ways ahead of her for a full recovery, but I'm still holding onto hope that she's got nowhere to go but up from here!! Hoping a few more days on antibiotics, possibly over the weekend, will leave her feeling MUCH better and she'll start eating better! Good news is there's no fever, so that's definatly a good sign! If we could just get her to eat better and get her strength up she'd have this licked and be home in no time!

susi794

Staff member
I'm so glad my little Anabelle has inspired others to start sharing some of the amazing stories of dogs they've rescued!!!!!!

Little Anabelle is still hanging in there, I feel so guilty right now, she wants so bad to be held, cuddled, and loved, and I'm sure it'd make her feel better, but until we can get this bad URI under control and she's no longer coughing and blowing snot everywhere, I can't risk the health of my other animals by bringing her back home. She is responding to the antibiotics, slowly but surely. I went to see her again today, took her a nice soft bed, a warm blanket, and some really tiny kibble so they can leave dry food in with her all night. She's still not eating much at all, which is got us all concerned. The vet is force feeding her some but doesn't want to stress her by force feeding her to much. She was sure happy to see me when I went to see her, I think she understands I'm her new mommy! Poor girl has a long ways ahead of her for a full recovery, but I'm still holding onto hope that she's got nowhere to go but up from here!! Hoping a few more days on antibiotics, possibly over the weekend, will leave her feeling MUCH better and she'll start eating better! Good news is there's no fever, so that's definatly a good sign! If we could just get her to eat better and get her strength up she'd have this licked and be home in no time!

C'mon, little Annabelle--you can do it! I am praying for this little girl so hard--please eat and get well enough to come home to your mommy who wants nothing more than to love you.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can do it Annabelle! She is gonna get better, she now has so much to look forward to! Thank you for the updates!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It brings tears to my eyes when I read about her. Lydia you have such a big heart and sweet spirit aboput you. So glad to have met you face to face.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad to hear that Anabelle is on the mend.....keep it up little girl!! Your new mommy wants you home pretty bad!!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad to hear that Anabelle is on the mend.....keep it up little girl!! Your new mommy wants you home pretty bad!!
You can say that again! There's NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING I want worse then to bring little Anabelle home right now, but I know right now that it's best for both her and my other animals for her to stay there until we've got this respitory infection beat! But I will celebrate when little Anabelle can finally come home for good!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I'm a bit disappointed, I was really hoping little Anabelle could come home this weekend, but when I went and checked on her today she's still sneezing quite a bit, the coughing isn't quite as bad, but with her still being very congested and sneezing alot still, we decided it's best if she stay a while longer :( She's still also not eating really well, I'm hoping the respitory infection clears up soon and she starts eating well so she can come home!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I was so hoping you could bring her home this weekend. Maybe the additional few days will get her on the mend so its safe to bring her home. Fingers and paws crossed for you! xoxo

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Dear God, how are you affording this? Does your vet give you a discount?
It's amazing what you can afford when you're determined! My vet does give me a discount, but I'm sure her vet bills still won't be cheap. It'll mean tightening down in other areas, but she's worth the sacrifices!!! It's better to spend the money to keep her there for however long she needs it then bring her home, risk getting my other dogs sick, and having several that need to be hospitalized!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What can I say, I had a wonderful teacher - My Grandma wasn't quite as crazy about animals as I am, but she instilled a great love of all life in me, and made me who I am today. She passed away in November from cancer, my heart is still breaking over loosing her, but her lessons of the value of life I will never forget!

Money is always tight, I've rescued many many animals over the years, I've placed over 200 dogs now into new homes, but then there's always the extra special ones like Anabelle that deserve that extra spot in my own heart! But amazingly, I'm not sure how things always add up in the end, but somehow there's always enough food for everyone and money to cover the things we really need! Sometimes it's a unexpected donations, sometimes it's a bag of food left on my porch by someone, sometimes it's a surprise at the petstore when the food I buy is on a good sale I wasn't expecting when I go to buy another bag, but somehow it always seems to work out, Karma can definatly be a very strong thing!

Back