Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

update on bottle feed kitten

ninime123

Lairian
i have one fighter the rest (6) all wanted to go to heaven together instead see previous post ,he was bright orange wen he was born with a bold head as he is a dons its normal i think?? :Woo:

iam feeding him every 2 hours and has a big tummy but not much fat he is now 13 days old and when born was 56 oz and is now 104 oz his eyes are open and his ears are getting bigger and when i feed him they twitch like a dog wags his tail and its the cutiest thing ever . some times he has 4 mls and others he has a full 8-10 mls i changed from pet shop kitten milk to royal cannin milk iam so attached to him i called him twiglet we take every day as it comes ,,,,,
so my quiestion is :Worn-out:
1) wen do u think i can breath a sigh of relief ....and relax....
2)do u think he will be ok now..
3) when hopeing he keeps going the way he is will he be ready to eat and what food ie tinned or raw mince and milk?..
4) most importent iam not sure his mile stones (nor is the vet) as to his baggy skin as i thought he was dehyrated but vet said it his breed ? what should he weigh as the vet had no IDEA????? any help please iam doing all this in the dark really as there is no book lol i did suggest ??
:ThumbsUp:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
His weight sounds good- they should double within the first week or two of life and his weight sounds great. The best thing to do is weigh him once or twice a day, record the weight, and go off of that. If he's gaining, it's great. If he's staying the same or losing, that's worrisome.

You can introduce solids at 4-5 weeks, but he will NOT be dependent upon them until much later. But it doesn't hurt to introduce solids to him at 4 weeks. For me- I would introduce him to glop- particularly since KMR has some bad press lately for kittens dying.

Good luck- you are doing a good job with him :)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What a great job you are doing with this little guy:ThumbsUp:
As Sleepyheadkitten said as long as he is gaining you are in good shape.
We star at 4-5 weeks with science diet kitten food wet first then dry a week or 2 after, but you have to keep giving the milk until about 8 weeks but not as often once he starts eating.
The baggy skin is part of the breed so no worries there.
At 13 days you seem to be out of the worst part of the woods and at 4 weeks you should be safe.
We are rooting for the little guy!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Glad he is hanging in there.

You said it was accidental with a neighborhood Siamese? I am fascinated by genetics and frankly surprised he is so bare. Is the Don sphynx gene dominant?

susi794

Staff member
He's a fighter, that's for sure! He wants to make it...I agree with what has already been told you---you can find the recipe for Glop if you use the search feature at the top of the screen just under the navigation bar. Good luck with him. I love the name Twiglet--I may steal it to use on one of my own from next litter. Will you keep him? He is fighting very hard to be your little boy. I hope he can be with you forever. Keep up the good work.
Hugs to you and Twiglet,
Susi and the gang

ninime123

Lairian
yes i will keep him , iam so attached getting up 3 times a night i cant go out the house for more than 2 hours , iam thinking of him all the time ,,,,i couldnt give him to someone else as no-one will reallise the hurt and happyness at the same time ive had to endure . i will have mum done because i dont want to put her though this again,,

he was born with bright orange fur but now its falling out and disapering and he is bold underneth and on his head ? broken whiskers ,,and bold feet and he's turned into a creamy orange colour wat type of coat do u think he will have any guesses ....:Dizzy:

i want to look forward to the future but at the same time i dont want to get my hopes up xxxxx:Laugh:

about dons sphynx

The Donskoy comes in 4 different coats types in a variety of colors. A dominant hair loss gene causes the Donskoy's birth coat to fall out. The coat types include flocked, velour, brush and rubber bald. The flocked variety is born with a thin coat that falls out and the result is skin that feels like a chamois cloth. The velour variety is born with hair, but with a bald spot on top of the head. They also lose their hair over time and become completely bald. The brush variety only loses part of their hair over time. The coat is soft, wavy and wiry with bald areas on the head, neck and back.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! He is such a cutie! Great job with him, I do hope he makes it as I would love to be able to watch him grow up. I agree with Susi that Twiglet is a purrfect name for him!

I also have two part dons sphynx babies, they have the oddest coats, lol, but very sweet babies!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think you're doing a wonderful job with little Twiglet. I don't have anything else to add cause I don't breed spynx, but I think he's meant to be your special little boy. :) And each day brings him closer to being out of danger. Keep crossing your fingers and keep up the good work. And give Twiglet a hug from me please, he's just adorable.

Awwww love baby Twiglet!!! I can't offer up advice as I am not a breeder but I have hand fed lovebirds, ****atiels and bottle fed other animal babies and I certainly can empathize with the time and dedication it takes! This wee boy is lucky to have you as a Momma and you will have such a special bond with this boy! Keep us posted!

Back