Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Update on Flare's Condition

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The vet just called me with bad news. Flare's teeth cleaning and extractions will have to be pushed back because he needs to do more blood tests on her.
He said 2 bad things showed up: Her albumin and globulin levels are the highest he has ever seen in an animal. He said this could be due to a chronic infection and inflammation or could even possibly be cancer! He said that just to be safe he needs to test her blood more and do even more thorough tests. He also said that he already did a complete blood count on her and even a blood tests for senior cats because of the severity.(Shes only 4, but very ill right now)
Hopefully, the raised levels are only due to the inflammation and infections in her mouth and URI. That can be resolved by the cleaning and more antibiotics. I am in total shock. Tried to contact the breeder again. Still no response.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Do you have papers saying she is only 4? Just a thought. I would be furious right about now. Did you have her shipped? If not I would be knocking on the breeders door!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Do you have papers saying she is only 4? Just a thought. I would be furious right about now. Did you have her shipped? If not I would be knocking on the breeders door!

I did not have her shipped. I live about 1 hr 20 minutes from the breeder. I have the papers saying she just turned 4 this June. I am furious right now. I wanted a healthy kitty! A healthy companion for George! So worried about Flare.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We picked Flare up from the breeder.(as we did also with George) I remember the breeder saying "Give her a good life. She deserves it"

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How long have you had her? Was there any sort of health guarentee? I got a sick cat from a breeder too! Not as sick as flare though!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
"Give her a good life. She deserves it"

That comment is about the only honest and sincere thing that breeder has said to you.

Try not to worry too much. I know it's hard, but the eleveated levels could very well be due to the chronic and severe infections she is fighting.

Wishing Flare a speedy recovery.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
The vet just called me with bad news. Flare's teeth cleaning and extractions will have to be pushed back because he needs to do more blood tests on her.
He said 2 bad things showed up: Her albumin and globulin levels are the highest he has ever seen in an animal. He said this could be due to a chronic infection and inflammation or could even possibly be cancer! He said that just to be safe he needs to test her blood more and do even more thorough tests. He also said that he already did a complete blood count on her and even a blood tests for senior cats because of the severity.(Shes only 4, but very ill right now)
Hopefully, the raised levels are only due to the inflammation and infections in her mouth and URI. That can be resolved by the cleaning and more antibiotics. I am in total shock. Tried to contact the breeder again. Still no response.

wow, that is awful news. I'm so sorry your having to go thru this. I hope things take a turn for the better.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How long have you had her? Was there any sort of health guarentee? I got a sick cat from a breeder too! Not as sick as flare though!

I keep re-reading the contract to see if there is some way we can go after the breeder.
It does say that "during departure the breeder to the best of her knowledge that the cat/kitten is healthy"
She had to know!
We have had her for exactly 1 month today.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That just IRKS me :Angry: That breeder knows exactly what is going on and that is why there are no returned calls. Dinka and I are sending healing vibes to Flare.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That just IRKS me :Angry: That breeder knows exactly what is going on and that is why there are no returned calls. Dinka and I are sending healing vibes to Flare.

Thank you so much! I agree with you in that the breeder knew the whole time. She just doesn't care; I guess. :( I know for a fact that it wouldn't have hurt her money-wise to give Flare meds and tend to her because the breeder lives in a mansion that is worth at least 1 million.

tessblack

Banned
I sure hope you can get Flare all fixed up and that you can get some of the cost covered by the breeder. How crappy! Keep us updated.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Check for HCM also.
Thee are many cats from that cattery in Wrinkles lines and one died from HCM last year.
Can you pm me the cats full name she may be in Wrinkles lines also?
That is rude of her.

Back