Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

update on Osiris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, can't believe it's only been a week since I brought Osiris into my home, he's just fit in like a dream - I haven't made my final decision, but I'm thinking he's home ;) Him and Haley love each other, they're often found cuddling together, although today when I got home from work all 3 Sphynx where snuggling together under the blankets on my bed - It's been a colder the normal day today, and they'll use any excuse to stay in bed all day LOL Osiris is amazing with my dogs, him and little Gem are best friends, he's been a good playmate for her, he's very gentle playing with her and seems to sense when enough is enough, and will just lay down and let her cuddle with him when he's done playing, so cute! The only issue has been with my old, grouch Ragdoll, she's getting old, she was somewhere between 10 and 12 when I rescued her, and I've had her 5 years now, so she's got to be near 17, and as honery as ever! She's making it clear she doesn't appreciate the "intruder", she hisses and swats at him whenever she gets half a chance (she was declawed when I rescued her), and is being grouchier then normal, but that's just Sophie, I've learned to deal with her and her grumpy ways, but even she is settling down and learning to accept him, considering the short time he's been in my home now, I'm quite impressed! He's just an amazing cat, I've had ZERO problems with him peeing anywhere he shouldn't!!! His urinalisis and bloodwork showed NOTHING, he's as healthy as can be. I'm convinced at this point that everything was purely behavioral. He was lonely, stressed, and bored from lack of attention and proper care. He had 2 fuzzy cats, 2 shelties, and a mutt for company, but I really think this boy just needed the company of other Sphynx to make him happy, he's just been wonderful here!!! Gem has a barking fit at him some nights, he likes HER sleeping spot, and Gem is NOT ok with that LOL But they're working that out, usually it means Osiris getting up and moving to my feet so Gem can have the spot next to my chest that she loves! One thing for sure, I sure don't get cold at night, with the Afghan Hound foot warmers, and the iggies and sphynx all curled up next to me under the covers I sure don't need a heavy blanket or we'd all cook LOL

Who was it that offered a sweater? I do need to get him, as well as Haley and Oogie, a couple new sweaters each, their sweaters have about had it, and they are getting a little cold during the day still! I've just started a new job so I don't want to spend a fortune right now, but I do need to get something!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear Osirus is doing so well! I think he IS home now and should stay with you and your family!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Glad to hear Osirus is doing so well! I think he IS home now and should stay with you and your family!
Honestly, I'm pretty sure that's going to end up being what happens here. The rescuer in me says find him a home, if I keep him I'll keep them all LOL But my heart says SO WHAT, just move to a giant farm in the middle of nowhere so there's plenty of space for everyone ROFL I'm going to be director for the Sphynx Rescue Alliance in my region, and hope to help many other Sphynx get well and find new forever homes, in my going on 6 years now of doing Italian Greyhound Rescue, I've only keep 1 IG rescue - My Uri, but I'll be very honest, I really don't think Gemstone is going anywhere either, I'm terrible lately ROFL I've totally flunked as an Afghan rescuer - In the year I've been doing that now, I've taken in 3 Affies - 2 of those are my Jamie and my Pharoah LOL Only 1 of then moved on to a new forever home, I guess I'm loosing my touch, but loving every moment of it LOL I guess my rep as a sphynx rescue has already been ruined, I've only rescued 5 Sphynx now, my first I rescued at a time there was no way I could have provided her with the home she deserved, so I found her a great forever home - This as before Oogie came into my life. Then when things changed and I knew I could offer a wonderful home, I rescued Oogie, followed by Haley and Cali, and now Osiris. Obviously Oogie and Haley are here to stay, Cali was with me until she passed away tragically 1 week after I rescued her and Haley, I figure since I'm already on a roll with the Sphynx, what's one more, especially one that's such an amazing fit into my home :LOL: :Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
Sometimes they just have ways of letting us know they belong with us. I think you should listen. He and Gem sound like they belong with you. How happy that makes me feel!!!! It's good when you know the right match and forever home has been found--and the two or three of you have found each other. So happy for you!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lydia: So glad to hear he has settled in so well. He sounds like a great fit for your little family. I have a feeling I will be a failure at rescue too!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lydia: So glad to hear he has settled in so well. He sounds like a great fit for your little family. I have a feeling I will be a failure at rescue too!
Ya, you and I should never be working together on something like that, NONE of the cats will get adopted, we'll end up keeping them all LOL

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad he's found a great home with you! Keep him Keep him!!! LOL!

I'd be exactly the same...that's why my other half won't let me take in anymore animals...I ALWAYS end up keeping them! :LOL:

X

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad to hear that both he and Gem are doing well. I would also be inclined to keep him!! That is why I am NOT allowed to have any more animals. I can't even watch the TV sometimes without trying to get my hubby to let me have another sphynx or dog!! LOL

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like he fits in nicely! So glad to hear you took him in under your wing. It sounds like he's got a great mommy and great companions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back