Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Update on Promise the shelter dog

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some of you remember that I posted a pic of a GSD dog that I was going to foster for rescue. Those who don't I am including her pic here also. I went to pick her up today from the shelter, she was of course stinky and dirty from living in a kennel, so we went straight to the groomer. I got a call from the groomer after a couple of hours and the groomers assisstant wants to adopt her! So after placing a call to the shelter and filling out a ton of paperwork, foster was transferred to the assisstant pending adoption!

She never even made it to my house! Yeah, I am a bit bummed as I had committed to her and was looking forward to getting to know her, but she will be the only pet in this home, and is going to be trained as a service dog for the woman's husband. The trainer has already come to meet her, and accepted her to the program. So in the end it's really an awesome ending for this sweet girl!:ThumbsUp:

Happy Ending:Laugh:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awwwwww! I'm so pleased for her!! HUGE hugs for you!! It's a shame you didn't get to spend sometime with her but you have done a great thing and deserve LOADS of praise!

X

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear that this old girl is going to have a sweet new life with her new family!

J

Jinxlover

I'm so happy for her..good for you helping her.
I hate going to the Shelter, as a matter of fact I was just there a few days ago and a little bully girl got into my heart..I'm thinking I may have to get her out of there...SIGH... I hope she's good with cats..lol.

That is absolutely wonderful! I am so happy for Promise and her new family! Congratulations!! Maybe she was adopted so quickly for a reason, and maybe there's another GSD is need on your love and help? Good Luck!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so happy for her..good for you helping her.
I hate going to the Shelter, as a matter of fact I was just there a few days ago and a little bully girl got into my heart..I'm thinking I may have to get her out of there...SIGH... I hope she's good with cats..lol.
Yep, I try to avoid the shelter if I can, nothing but trouble! Let us know what you name the new bully! :LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
maybe there's another GSD is need on your love and help? Good Luck!
Nope, this is the first time I have offered to foster, because I knew that I saw something special in her eyes. I don't foster because I am bad at letting go! :Laugh:

Letting go is always the hard part! Great job finding her a home so quickly. Its a shame you didn't get more time with her but atleast she pretty much went straight to her new home. Rescue success! Gotta love it!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, lucky dog!!!! Sorry you didn't get to spend more time with her, but what a great break for a very deserving dog!