Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Update on the kitty in So. California

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I called the point of contact this morning and they are going to try to get him sprung today, but since they are closed we are not sure if they will let him out.

He is about 4 years old, and dropped off by his owners because they were moving (how stupid is that). She will keep him at her house until his ride can get him to my husband. Right now he is cold, they have tried to put sweaters on him, he shreds them, scared and will not eat. so we are hoping a home enviroment will help him out.

Ill update when she calls me back, She said she would called after they talked to the supervisor. So here is hoping.

susi794

Staff member
Praying hard for this little guy! He needs some TLC and a lot of love! Bless you for helping him.

pooner

Banned
Poor little guy :Cry:
I sure hope he finds a loving forever home and never has to feel scared and abandoned again.

I can't believe someone would give a sphynx to a shelter, they are such a different breed and I know my little guy would just be terrified if that ever happened to him. In fact when I signed the contract with the breeder I got him from it stated that if for any reason I could no longer keep him that I was to contact the breeder and if I could not find him a home then she would take him because she never wants any cat she's brought into this world to be in a shelter. I don't have any plans on ever letting my little guy go :Smile:

Gizzymom

Banned
Yes... Please update us Cathie as to the welfare of this little guy. Poor thing.

But I am a little slow at times... or it could be the cold medicine... You and your husband are rescuing him, Cathie?:Smile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Poor baby!! Its great that your helping this little guy. I hope everything falls into place and he can be in his forever home soon.
i've had to rehome my "furry" babies before due to moving so I can't judge their decision. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done! Everyone has their own issues tho. I can't believe this poor guy didn't go back to his breeder atleast. Maybe he was a rescue or something tho and his history is unknown. Poor thing. I can only hope that this was the best decision for the kitty.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Last night I posted on fb trying to find a home for this sphynx and Cathy said maybe her husband would want him.
We were writing back and fourth all night.
I am hoping this works out.
There is another person that wants him.

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Been thinking about him all night. Just breaks my heart. Hopefully being in a home environment with lots of love will help him feel safe and secure.

Gizzymom

Banned
We are just waiting to see when he can get out of Jail. Then I think we have it worked out for a ride to my husbands house. Then he will be my husbands friend. He says his house is so lonely without me and the cats around.

Tell your husband he has to join SL or else we are holding you responsible for updates and photos!!!:LOL:

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I cn only givce updates when I get updates. Unless he sends me Pictures, and Im sure he would after he got him, I will only be able to put picture up when I go home. But I dont put alot of pictures of Piglet and the girls either, so I cant falt him for that.

Still waiting on the call..................

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a great thing you are doing! This little guy will need some mega love:BigSmile: Hope the call comes soon and let us know...

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I so want a happy ending for this little guy and am on pins and needles waiting for an update.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good job, hon! We would have taken him if need be- but this will work out much better! As is, I cannot picture your HUSBAND joining Sphynxlair- hahaha- but hey, maybe he should ;)

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got the call about 2 hours ago, looks like we will most likely not be getting him. Someone called the shelter directly and said they would be there at 8am to get him. The person I was talking to will not be able to pull him before they get him, if they show. Her sister works there so they have to wait until he is out for the public. We are bumed about it. It but I guess if it was ment to be, we will get him I just hope whoever gets him takes care of him and he is not being picked up for resale. I know you are not supposed to resale shelter animals, but it happens all the time.

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Angry: They are not doing that baby any good by keeping him there...do the people who are getting him know anything about a sphynx? argh!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It looks like a few people want him.
Here is more info.
He'll be available at 8:00am on 12/14/10 at the City of Los Angeles Animal Services West Los Angeles shelter. If there are multiple people there for him, the shelter will work out a process.

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We were going to have to have them pull him and he was going to have to get a ride to hobby. So we most likely will not get him. The right kitty will come along for Keith, maybe he was not it. We shall see.

Back