Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Update on the mill dogs

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I must say, I'm very grateful for the huge turnout and response I've gotten from locals on this bunch! Not much to cover vet bills, but I had a ton of collars, harnesses, leashes, crates, bedding, food, toys, and other supplies donated to help me care for all these kids until permanent homes can be found!

The pilot who picked up could only manage 12 of the 15 IGs, and the 4 Min Pins are still waiting in their foster home in Kansas, but I had someone at the airfield ready to take whatever IGs the pilot could get on the plane, so she's got them at her place whenever I can get another ride for the remaining dogs and they're safe.

The other 12 made it to Denver around 4:30 last night, and are happy and comfortable in a temporary foster I found for the night. At 7:00 this morning, another pilot loaded them up into his planes, and I will be on my way to meet him and pick these poor babies up in about half an hour!

From just what she could see, there's rotted teeth, some will need surgery to repair their mouths, not just dentals. A few of the girls have mammory tumors and obvious signs of the many litters of puppies they've had. A couple seem to be deaf, but may just be really scared and none responsive, and at least half have either cataracts, PRA, or something going on with their eyes. A couple bad enough they may be partially or completely blind.

Anyway, my vet is on standby I'll pick them up and take them straight there! He'll then check everyone over really well, see if we can get an idea of exactly what'll be needed medically, and start treating some of the more urgent dogs right away. They'll stay there while brucellosis tests, heartworm, and bloodwork is run on everyone, and then when they're ready to leave the vet clinic, I have local fosters eagerly awaiting each and every dog!

I Will be much happier when they are in my hands and I can start them on the road to recovery! Thank you everyone for the support, advice, and help, will send pictures of these latest rescue kids when I get a chance! It may be tomorrow sometime before I'm back online, I'm going to have my hands full today taking care of all these babies!

Bella07

Banned
That is wonderful news! Wishing all the best to the pups, and hopefully they'll lead to a full and happy recovering while in foster care. And then be able to move on to a happy family who will love and spoil them for the rest of their lives!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thats great news! You are super woman!! You really busted it out and "got her done"! Good for you! Its nice to know there are "good-doers" out there like you to help out in situations like these. I can't wait to hear more and see their photos.

Back