Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Update on weight journey for Bacchus.

Alyssaf

Lairian
Hey, I posted a while back about my cat Bacchus needing to lose a few pounds as per my vets recommendation. I cut out dry food and had him on two cans of wet food a day. He’s down to the 9 pounds the vet wanted him at but now I’m having another issue. He acts like he’s starving all the time, constantly begging for food or screaming for food, eating things he shouldn’t when your back is turned. (He’s quick and sneaky about it) I don’t think he is satisfied by the canned food. Im at a loss, does anyone have a super hungry sphynx that can recommend maybe a food change or some fillers? I am feeding grain free wellness core gravies canned food 5.5 ounce twice daily. He also gets dental treats, vitamins and a few crunchy dry treats a day.
Thank you!

Attachments

• DDAD2C55-12F3-415E-AD0B-F8B061A64E04.jpeg
    DDAD2C55-12F3-415E-AD0B-F8B061A64E04.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 29
  • A7B1D5D7-233D-4D33-8D7B-5077BA0BC390.jpeg
    A7B1D5D7-233D-4D33-8D7B-5077BA0BC390.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 92E1C49F-67AC-4521-ACF6-0552C4F4120B.jpeg
    92E1C49F-67AC-4521-ACF6-0552C4F4120B.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 708BBB1D-21ED-469D-B281-61E825CC1F25.jpeg
    708BBB1D-21ED-469D-B281-61E825CC1F25.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 336C41F7-3DF5-41E6-9781-D62AE9F2AD1C.jpeg
    336C41F7-3DF5-41E6-9781-D62AE9F2AD1C.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 30

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Honestly he sounds like a normal food loving sphynx to me :0 2/3 of mine are the exact same way and I feel them around the same as you just in raw food not wet. Also, he look so similar to my boy Yoda! I'm just smitten, haha. I would say as long as he doesn't continue to lose weight and become too skinny that you're feeding him a proper amount. I can't leave any food out on the counters, even hot leftovers in a pan or my two will be eating it in a matter of 2 minutes.

Alyssaf

Lairian
Honestly he sounds like a normal food loving sphynx to me :0 2/3 of mine are the exact same way and I feel them around the same as you just in raw food not wet. Also, he look so similar to my boy Yoda! I'm just smitten, haha. I would say as long as he doesn't continue to lose weight and become too skinny that you're feeding him a proper amount. I can't leave any food out on the counters, even hot leftovers in a pan or my two will be eating it in a matter of 2 minutes.
He’s screaming to wake me up at 5am, running around the house with zoomies, walking on my chest. It just seems like he has been acting more hungry lately. I watch the dogs eat to make sure he doesn’t sneak in a quick bite. (Sometimes he still does‍♀️) I feel bad I can’t satisfy him, I feed him and he immediately is begging for more.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel y
He’s screaming to wake me up at 5am, running around the house with zoomies, walking on my chest. It just seems like he has been acting more hungry lately. I watch the dogs eat to make sure he doesn’t sneak in a quick bite. (Sometimes he still does‍♀️) I feel bad I can’t satisfy him, I feed him and he immediately is begging for more.
I feel your pain. I got an automatic cat feeder and now instead of coming to me I find my little man patiently sitting on it willing for an extra bite. I set half his morning feed at 5am, he comes back to bed and then the other half at 9am. I have him on GO. He only gets 20g (10x2) in the morning. I had to deactivate the automatic self feed switch on the unit as I noticed on my APP. The little bugger found out how to get extra food.
Unfortunately it is only for dry food. But I would rather buy a very high quality one and feed him less. The feeder lets you set times and amounts per each feed.
My life is bliss as I get to sleep late too. He never asks me for food anymore.
And I believe he could out eat a Bloody lion if given half a chance. His appetite has no end.

Maybe look into something like that. It is so great if I am late getting back home I can feed him from my phone. I no longer am the food delivery guy I am now promoted to the chief of poop scooping in this relationship

Alyssaf

Lairian
I feel y

I feel your pain. I got an automatic cat feeder and now instead of coming to me I find my little man patiently sitting on it willing for an extra bite. I set half his morning feed at 5am, he comes back to bed and then the other half at 9am. I have him on GO. He only gets 20g (10x2) in the morning. I had to deactivate the automatic self feed switch on the unit as I noticed on my APP. The little bugger found out how to get extra food.
Unfortunately it is only for dry food. But I would rather buy a very high quality one and feed him less. The feeder lets you set times and amounts per each feed.
My life is bliss as I get to sleep late too. He never asks me for food anymore.
And I believe he could out eat a Bloody lion if given half a chance. His appetite has no end.

Maybe look into something like that. It is so great if I am late getting back home I can feed him from my phone. I no longer am the food delivery guy I am now promoted to the chief of poop scooping in this relationship
Going to invest in an automatic feeder then. Maybe I’ll be able to sleep in

Back