Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Updated Pics! Name Help?

KoopCats

Lairian
Finally got updated pics from the breeder! I feel like I can finally start sifting through names now that she looks more like herself and less generic (if that makes sense lol).

So far my top 5 names are:
  • Olive
  • Aurora
  • Athena
  • Raisin
  • Cleopatra / Cleo
My other ideas are:
  • Maisie / Maisel (Marvelous Mrs. Maisel anyone?)
  • Eloise (like the mischievous children's book character!)
  • Marceline
  • Juniper / June
  • Tyra
  • Wednesday (Addams Family is my favorite movie)
Any ideas or input? My husband is useless and hates every name I suggest so I'm relying on all of you :0

Attachments

• IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1967.JPG
    IMG_1967.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 90

Yoda mom

Staff member
Ohh so many cute names

Here is an earlier thread to spark ideas

Yoda mom

Staff member
Keep a pen and and paper by the bed .l. I always woke up thinking of names in the middle of the night :)

Olivia ,
Olive Bare
Wendy Bare
June Bare
(You get the idea lol ) ..... Bare (I have a Claire Bare )
Sophia
Sophie
Onynx
Raven
Calli

foreing language names cross referenced ?

Lol you do have me singing the Adams family song now !
Wednesday Is cute name

KoopCats

Lairian
Keep a pen and and paper by the bed .l. I always woke up thinking of names in the middle of the night :)

Olivia ,
Olive Bare
Wendy Bare
June Bare
(You get the idea lol ) ..... Bare (I have a Claire Bare )
Sophia
Sophie
Onynx
Raven
Calli

foreing language names cross referenced ?

Lol you do have me singing the Adams family song now !
Wednesday Is cute name
Claire Bare, that's so cute!! I also love Sophie, that's definitely in the top contenders. She looks a little like a Sophie to me :)

Fayiza

Lairian
Finally got updated pics from the breeder! I feel like I can finally start sifting through names now that she looks more like herself and less generic (if that makes sense lol).

So far my top 5 names are:
  • Olive
  • Aurora
  • Athena
  • Raisin
  • Cleopatra / Cleo
My other ideas are:
  • Maisie / Maisel (Marvelous Mrs. Maisel anyone?)
  • Eloise (like the mischievous children's book character!)
  • Marceline
  • Juniper / June
  • Tyra
  • Wednesday (Addams Family is my favorite movie)
Any ideas or input? My husband is useless and hates every name I suggest so I'm relying on all of you :0

Lol we have the same name taste! I had juniper, maisel (yes I watch that show too!) and Marceline on my list. Ended up going with Marceline :)

I second Wednesday! And also a fan of Morticia! Both are so cute!!!

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aurora is my top pick as a second name as it’s the aurora borealis actually protecting earth from the sun’s extreme heat. Lol I love the junebear name. Athena is a good strong name. Maisie is a cute name like masiebug. How about u have two names? One regal/serious and one adorable like a nick name.

Don’t discard your husband just yet lol my partner came up with such a lame name when I couldn’t find a name I like and the name he suggested stuck. Now, I couldn’t think of any other name better than what we ended up with. Lol

KoopCats

Lairian
Hi everyone! It's been a while so just wanted to drop a note on this thread - little baby had her surgery on Wednesday and is doing great, according to my breeder. She goes to the vet on this coming Wednesday for a check up and then she's all clear to go home... so hopefully this time next week we'll have her!

Of COURSE there's been no movement on the name-front... this is so hard! Haha! Hoping one sticks once we meet her :) Still leaning towards Wednesday but we'll see!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

MeadowThorne

Lairian
It's so hard to pick her name..she will let you know! I found my guys name on a champagne bottle on my friend's boat ...I decided to stick with that topic n named my next Asti who still at breeder. Fair warning once you have one sphynx u crave another

Back