Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Updates pics of Mr Chip!

He is doing well and cute as ever! Sleeps with my daughter every single night! They are best of friends ! Only issue I have is his clawing of couch! I am about to try the claw caps. I have never declawed a cat and refuse to!

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mr. Chips is adorable. And so handsome. It's great that your daughter and mr. Chips become such good buddies, the perfect first love for your kid!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mr. Chip is absolutely gorgeous and he looks so innocent. I don't think he is clawing your couch at all. That must be those ninja mice! If you are wondering what ninja mice are, do a little search here on the SphynxLair! LOL But in brief, ninja mice are responsible for most of the bad things Sphynx cats get blamed for.

Love the pictures with your daughter.

CuryC

Lairian
omg this is the most precious thing! his little hands holding her when she sleeps <3

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Sld4064 One tip I did here is if you use the caps, down cut their nails too short. If they are too short there is not enough surface area to stick them to and they fall off more easily.

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If you keep the nails short does that help with the clawing of the couch?

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You could try offering a variety of scratchers. Sisal, cardboard, carpet, door-hanging, stationary, horizontal or vertical... There’s a lot out there, and sometimes they prefer one to the others. You will have to be vigilant for the first week or so. Correct him as soon as he looks like he’s going to scratch or scratches, and bring him to the proper post and scratch on that post yourself. Praise him when he does good behavior, and eventually he will catch on! He’s still young and pliable enough that bad behaviors shouldn’t be set in.
We used to have a roommate who had a terribly mannered cat, and he SHREDDED a very very expensive leather sectional. That’s why, before I got Kenzo, I literally bought 4 different scratchers, and watched him like a hawk. It worked! Cat scratchers are also much cheaper than replacing more furniture, lol! :p
I tried putting those caps on the roommate’s cat, but didn’t last at all. Plus he nearly clawed me to shreds myself trying to get them on him! He had never had his nails cut before either, and he resented everyone, including his owner. One of those cats that rub up against your leg, then bite you and hiss when you try to pet them. Basically, he was a feral house cat. :shifty::shifty::shifty:
I digress...