Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

**Urgent** Two Sphynx Cats in Wyoming need Rehomed

mmwmp

Lairian
I have two female Sphynx cats, age 7 and 5, a mother daughter pair, who I desperately need placed in a new home. I have had these cats since 2014, and love them more than words can describe, which makes this situation exceptionally difficult to bare. I originally rehomed the girls two a family member slightly over a year ago.The family member had begged and begged to adopt the girls, on top of the fact that I was no longer in a situation that I felt I was able to provide the girls with the proper time or care they deserved. Needless to say, the family member provided the girls with absolutely superb care for the girls more importantly, vowed to give them the forever home that I could not provide. I saw no reason to ever believe otherwise. Anyways, recently I caught wind that the family member had since relocated to attend college. I immediately asked about the cats, and was told that they were left behind at his parents house in the care of his father. Anyways, the cats were left with automatic feeder and waterer, a doggie door to go inside and outside the house as they please, no vet appts, and with a little girl who was slathering vaseline on them to prevent sunburn. The girls didn't look nearly as happy or healthy as they were when I had last seen them. Had I known any of this was happening, I would have definitely intervened sooner. So, with that being said, living in an apartment that is strictly no-pets with the exception of my medically-authorized dog, on top of being in absolutely no place whatsoever to care for another animal (especially not two) in a financial aspect combined with other reasons. With that being said, I had to consider the safety of the girls going outside, and sometimes even being slathered with vaseline, on top of the other things going on there. That left me with no other option than to take the girls back with me, until I could find them a new home. The only difference is that at least now, they are safer. However, they have been confined to a three-tier kennel with minimal attention. They need to go to the vet to get updated on their shots and for general wellness exams, but with Covid putting me in a financial crisis to begin with, I have not been able to afford a trip to the vet for them. I have had multiple homes lined up for them, yet they have all fallen through. I have put them on the waiting list at our local humane society. They desperately need a new home!! At this point, any home is better than what they have right now!!

Mommy is an 8 year old one eyed unspayed female. She has extreme aggression towards other animals and children. She cannot go to a home with any other animals, or at least not a small home with other animals. She does not back down from a fight and instigates, regardless of species or size. I originally took her in as a rescue and got her past her fear of humans in general.
Minnie is a 6 year old unspayed female. She has never been separated from Mommy, and I believe it's important Minnie goes to a home where she is not the only animal. She is friendly, and I have never had any issues with her geting along with any other animal. She's very easy going and for the most part, has no vices.

Both cats use the litter box, but sometimes go outside of it. I have no idea if this is a territorial thing, but I believe that to be the likely cause.
They can go to separate homes, so long as Minnie ends up in a home she's not alone.

Like I said , anything is better than what they currently have. Please help me rehome them!! I am located in Wyoming. message me for details !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hello. Do you have any pictures of the girls?

Their story sounds like a sad one (at least sad since things changed for them). I’m so glad you were able to intervene. I have another cat at home but I am interested in Minnie. If I didn’t already have a cat I would take both in a heartbeat. But since you said Mommy has aggression issues I guess that would not be a good idea. I live in Texas so I would have to work out flying up there to collect Minnie.

Please look back at my posts or contact another mod for a reference to make yourself more comfortable.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

mmwmp

Lairian
Hello. Do you have any pictures of the girls?

Their story sounds like a sad one (at least sad since things changed for them). I’m so glad you were able to intervene. I have another cat at home but I am interested in Minnie. If I didn’t already have a cat I would take both in a heartbeat. But since you said Mommy has aggression issues I guess that would not be a good idea. I live in Texas so I would have to work out flying up there to collect Minnie.

Please look back at my posts or contact another mod for a reference to make yourself more comfortable.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Yes, here is a link to photos. The Girls

mmwmp

Lairian
I have two female Sphynx cats, age 7 and 5, a mother daughter pair, who I desperately need placed in a new home. I have had these cats since 2014, and love them more than words can describe, which makes this situation exceptionally difficult to bare. I originally rehomed the girls two a family member slightly over a year ago.The family member had begged and begged to adopt the girls, on top of the fact that I was no longer in a situation that I felt I was able to provide the girls with the proper time or care they deserved. Needless to say, the family member provided the girls with absolutely superb care for the girls more importantly, vowed to give them the forever home that I could not provide. I saw no reason to ever believe otherwise. Anyways, recently I caught wind that the family member had since relocated to attend college. I immediately asked about the cats, and was told that they were left behind at his parents house in the care of his father. Anyways, the cats were left with automatic feeder and waterer, a doggie door to go inside and outside the house as they please, no vet appts, and with a little girl who was slathering vaseline on them to prevent sunburn. The girls didn't look nearly as happy or healthy as they were when I had last seen them. Had I known any of this was happening, I would have definitely intervened sooner. So, with that being said, living in an apartment that is strictly no-pets with the exception of my medically-authorized dog, on top of being in absolutely no place whatsoever to care for another animal (especially not two) in a financial aspect combined with other reasons. With that being said, I had to consider the safety of the girls going outside, and sometimes even being slathered with vaseline, on top of the other things going on there. That left me with no other option than to take the girls back with me, until I could find them a new home. The only difference is that at least now, they are safer. However, they have been confined to a three-tier kennel with minimal attention. They need to go to the vet to get updated on their shots and for general wellness exams, but with Covid putting me in a financial crisis to begin with, I have not been able to afford a trip to the vet for them. I have had multiple homes lined up for them, yet they have all fallen through. I have put them on the waiting list at our local humane society. They desperately need a new home!! At this point, any home is better than what they have right now!!

Mommy is an 8 year old one eyed unspayed female. She has extreme aggression towards other animals and children. She cannot go to a home with any other animals, or at least not a small home with other animals. She does not back down from a fight and instigates, regardless of species or size. I originally took her in as a rescue and got her past her fear of humans in general.
Minnie is a 6 year old unspayed female. She has never been separated from Mommy, and I believe it's important Minnie goes to a home where she is not the only animal. She is friendly, and I have never had any issues with her geting along with any other animal. She's very easy going and for the most part, has no vices.

Both cats use the litter box, but sometimes go outside of it. I have no idea if this is a territorial thing, but I believe that to be the likely cause.
They can go to separate homes, so long as Minnie ends up in a home she's not alone.

Like I said , anything is better than what they currently have. Please help me rehome them!! I am located in Wyoming. Message me for details !!
Link to photos

Last edited by a moderator:

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sending positive vibes that both girls find their forever homes with a home that can provide them what they need.

Can you please provide the age of the cats (ie 8 years or 7 years) and if you have any paperwork such as birth details or HCM scans that goes with them.

I am glad they like watching TV.

Back