Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Use for Alexa #99

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Max and Min are fed three times a day. Apart from breakfast, I have to find them in the house (3 floors) to alert them it's lunch time or supper time. Sometimes I have to call them repeatedly as I locate them. When they are on the main floor, snoozing under a blanket, I tap the metal bowl with a fork a few times and announce the meal time.

Today I decided I didn't want to climb the stairs (lazy, I know) just to announce lunch time. We have Alexa units all over the place. So I said: "Alexa, announce... it's lunch time, it's lunch time," while tapping the bowl with the fork.

And they came a running from upstairs. ha ha.

Oh, and just because...
maximillian_von_strange_47691846_2114628411962696_1752152306227666955_n (1).jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
LOL...LOL....I wake up hours earlier than hubby on weekend days so I announce breakfast and he comes running too. We love Alexa. Besides her turning on lights and Roomba etc, we love playing games on her. Do you play games with her and if so which @Xandria?

We play question of the day, Jeopardy and NatGeo Quiz daily

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow! You have to call the catz to get them to come eat? At our house, Cleopatra starts harassing Bob for food at least an hour before food time. I have started to call this “tummy time.” Cleopatra’s tummy decides that she is hangry, and she has to pester Bob until he finally feeds her (and Marcus) at the proper times.
Now if it was up to Marcus, food would be served to him in bed or in front of the heat register.

I do agree that Alexa is great for calling the cat, among other things.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Xandria hubby and I are geeks at heart lol. We also bought the buttons that you can’t use to play trivial pursuit and other games.

If anyone loves their Echo Dots, I highly recommend getting the “Show” model. It has a screen so when you play music the lyrics show. I also tell Alexa to show my photos and all of my photos on my iPad start to play on the screen. I would rather see my pics than a generic screen and I can play music while the slide show plays. The speaker has been upgraded over the last year.

We also just bought a hub so we can ask her to turn on the TV and tell her what channels etc.

Also the game Price Tag is fun...you compete to guess the price of items on Amazon...feels like a game show.
We also play spelling bee...I love all word games and it was fun to play with my niece as it is educational as well as fun.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Alexa and I play Jeopardy and Word Chain, and whenever we want to bug our son, we ask for stupid cat facts and for Alexa to meow.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL LOL

I just said "Alexa, open the box of cats" and it made horse sounds!!

So I tried again and it meowed.

I have no idea what she heard the first go around. ha ha h ha.

We have Philips hue around the house so we have lighting macros etc. When we say "Alexa, bed time", Alexa turns off all lights except bedroom, which is lowered to 10% and then Alexa announces, "It's time for all kitties to go to bed."

Alex is quite fun. Especially it's interoperability with other tech.

Back