uShip Pricing... | Sphynxlair

uShip Pricing...

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by saintbabby, Sep 5, 2009.

1. saintbabby

saintbabbyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289.00
    Ratings:
    +2
    So i posted a listing the other day for transport of my new wee lil baby whos coming home in october on uShip, and got a bid from username: tcbigo, and he has a bunch of really good reviews, a number of which are from someone with a username abeita1, and thats the last name of my breeder (how many abeitas could there be who ship cats out of kentucky, anyways?) and i would like to check to see if im getting a fair price. He bid 325$ and i know that other people have not only used uShip, but have probably used this actual person. his name is Orlando, and I want to see if 325 is a good price, or if any of you have been bid under that amount before. I know he would be good, I just dont want to be overcharged because I've never used this shipping method before and have no personal frame of reference. Thanks!

p.s. do you tip a delivery person? a tip would need to be factored into the final cost, if so.. I dont want to spend more than 400.

2. PitRottMommy

PitRottMommyBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $322.00
    Ratings:
    +286
    Price really doesn't matter here, IMO. I think that you should find someone you entirely trust.

I paid $300 for shipping from Uship.

And abeita1 is Theresa.

ETA: You will pay a certain amount up front, cash in hand at delivery. You can tip at that time.
    ETA2: Also, the higher your "target amount" the higher they will bid. If you'd rather spend 250, put in 250.

3. Observer

ObserverLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $447.00
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $469.00
    Ratings:
    +87
    I have never used a courier service like that but rule of thumb for tipping is usually anyone providing a service to or for you; you should tip... the percentage is another question I can't tell you though.