Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Using the house as his bathroom

KitKat121

Lairian
hey everyone! Hope all is well. Unfortunately, grimley has been giving everyone a hard time because he has been peeing and pooping everywhere. His litter box is always clean and he's not as picky with his litter as my Ghouleh, I know this because she meows after she uses it which is basically telling me to clean it hahaha. Anyways, I don't know what to do. I lock him out of my room whenever I'm not in it, but he's started to pee right in front of me on my down comforter, which I've washed three times in two weeks. Those things are not easy to wash. I got him neutered back in January. Does anyone have any idea as to why he's acting out and how to help?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KitKat121 ((Hugs))) has anything changed in the house ? Cats can get stressed from changing furniture around,
Seeing another cat outside the window etc

Sphynx pooping or peeing outside the litter box
A
So read to bottom of link for "similar threads"

Have you changed types of litter boxes?
I would add at least one extra litter box In a quiet ez access location (,you can google litter box hacks for great ideas)
Perhaps even two - ome covered , ome open high sided amd see his preference
Sometimes its location and type of litter or dislike for cat Deodorizers etc

Try to think back of possibly what may have changed in the house when this started ?

Be sure to clean any areas with an enzyme cleaner
My breeder friend uses anti icky poo enzyme cleaner ( unscented ) and it can be added to laundry

Some members have good results with the feliaway or comfort zone diffusers

I also recommend verbal praise and treats as soon as he does use the box -
For positive reinforcement -
give a treat as he is literally exiting the box -

Positve vibes sent

Last edited:

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh how awful for you, I am so sorry you have to go through this. Could there be an underlying medical issue? Have you checked with your vet? You will find great advice in the link provided above.

Sending hugs!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I agree rule out medical,issue, but enzymatic cleaner and add a couple of litter boxes. Try a box without a lid, one with a lid and even a different litter. You can try Dr. ELSYES kitty attract litter.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would do as other's have mentioned.
Plus a Vet check to see if he has a UTI
for sure.
You might have to retrain him if none of the mentioned suggestions
work. The Else's cat attract gets good
reviews. They also have a diffuser
now for litter box issues.