Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vacationing in Florida

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We will be spending a couple of weeks in Pensacola and Panama City this summer. Anyone in Florida know something we should make sure we do? We will be camping at St. Andrews and are pretty active. Looking forward to kayaking and hiking. Anyone know anything about that area? Thanks for any suggestions.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I don't know how far off the beaten path it is but I have a friend from St. Augustine and she said if I ever went to Florida to make sure I went there! There are lots of quaint little shops and what not that I hear. I hope you have a great time!

holly_savage

Banned
I am not of much help...except if you come across a road side vendor selling boiled peanuts...remind your spouse/partner that the shells are to be removed before you eat them...sounds like stupid advice, but I watched my ex do it...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just moved from PC about 2 months ago, and to me, there was nothing there. I don't like the beach. You will want to go the shell island (across from St.Andrews park) I would have said to go to the treasure ship restrant, but it burned down today. It was expencive to eat at, but a really good. Capt. Andersons is another good place to eat. Their is also shipwreck water park close by. I don't remember anyplace to hike or kayake. I know some Sea Kayake. But other than that. I don't remember much to do. I lived in a small town outside of Panama City ( NOT PCB!) but only went over the bridge when I had to. I lived there for the past 10 years, but all I did was work and go home. I know there are outet shops in Destin and a Bass Pro shop, if you like that kind of stuff.
Sorry could not be more help.

Cathie

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
HAH i forgot about Bagdad FL , its nearby "the cola" let me ask a friend who lives near there for advice.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like a fun trip:ThumbsUp: I am going to second St. Augastine but also not sure how far it is, we went there a few years back on our way to disney and that town was great:ThumbsUp:

St Auggie is only about 30 min south of me. and yet i havent gone in ages lol. i wana go to the pirate store and then IKEA in orlando heheh

And my friend never got back to me on what to do in Pcola

Inthewind

Lairian
Sounds like a good time! I would say check out Ichetucknee Springs State Park
because its really a scenic place but I imagine a little far away from Pensacola...very nice campgrounds and the water is crystal clear!!

Back