Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vaccine symptom or uri?

Trulyblessed324

Lairian
Last Tuesday Ari went to the vet and got his vaccines but it was a nasal one instead of the shot. Since about Friday he's been sneezing up a storm, he actually scares himself sometimes because he sneezes so hard! Lol. Is it possible the sneezing is from the vaccine or is this more uri symptoms? I've never had an animal get a Uri so im not sure what to look for. He's still eating and playing and purring and annoying everyone as always lol thanks

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Did the vet tell you if their could be side effects of the vaccin? Some cats get sick due to the vaccination. Most of the time the 'not well feeling' goes away after s few days. But it's best to ask the vet. Glad you already called the vet. Hopefully the ver can tell you what the reason's Ari is sneezing so loud. Bless him!

Trulyblessed324

Lairian
They said sneezing for a few days is common but he shouldn't be sneezing this much or this hard and he shouldn't be trying to blow his nose. My husband kicked him out of bed and made him sleep in his cat tree last night cuz it was so bad and he kept sneezing all over him lol

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Last Tuesday Ari went to the vet and got his vaccines but it was a nasal one instead of the shot. Since about Friday he's been sneezing up a storm, he actually scares himself sometimes because he sneezes so hard! Lol. Is it possible the sneezing is from the vaccine or is this more uri symptoms? I've never had an animal get a Uri so im not sure what to look for. He's still eating and playing and purring and annoying everyone as always lol thanks
Sneezing should subside after just a few days, its generally due to the cat having an allergic reaction to the vaccine. I would see/ call the vet to be safe. :)

Trulyblessed324

Lairian
He is on fortiflora already. They also only put him on doxycycline (sp?) Cuz it's more of a narrow spectrum antibiotic so it won't kill the good bacteria in his gi tract as bad

Trulyblessed324

Lairian
uploadfromtaptalk1441849858543.jpeg

He's having a bad day it was also bath night lol

Trulyblessed324

Lairian
Thank you. He finally seems to not be sleeping all day anymore. He should be getting off his antibiotics right around the time we put a deposit on another kitten so i told him he needs to feel all better so he can help mama pick out new stuff for his new brother or sister lol

Back