Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Valentine's Day Contest

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you might recall I mentioned my niece Emily (my nickname for her is Luchi) is sleeping over Friday the 12th as we try every year to have her stay over for the Valentines Day holiday. I thought it might be fun this year to do a Sphynxlair Valentine's Day contest and have her get involved because she loves cats. Especially our girls as she has always called them her babies. She cries every time she leaves here not because of leaving us, but because she is leaving the cats...lol.

I called her tonight after I got approval to run the contest and asked her if she would like to be the judge, and oh boy, she was SO excited. You all are used to contests where members vote but this time it is a truly an unbiased 7 year old who will choose who she thinks is her favorite Valentine's Day cat. Who knows what she will base it on, but it will be fun, fair, and heartfelt.

Here are the rules :

1. Post a picture of your Valentine's baby in this thread and no caption...just their name. I can tell you already my niece is a Diva so costumes/color/props might help lol.

2. If you have multiple cats post them separately in this thread, one pic per cat...again no caption just their name.

3. You have to be a member of the Sphynyxlair community prior to February 3,2016 to qualify.

4. The contest will close at midnight EST Friday February the 12th. Winner will be announced in this thread on February the 13th when Luchi wakes up and reviews the participants...so should be by noon on the 13th EST.

4. Hubby and I will take her shopping at Pet Smart on the 13th so she can buy presents for the winning cat and I will take pics of her shopping.

Best part of this contest is it is not based on popular votes, but will be based on what captures a little girl's heart. After all Valentine's Day is all about the heart.

Once she picks a winner, I will message the member for their name and mailing address.

Have fun Larians...
1f9f5974c8b90340b30e47f2d19e490c.jpg

Patti

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Love this idea.

But ooooh now I really get nervous! A 7 year old with a mind of her own...that's not the most easy jury to impress:).

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ok...so start posting your pics members. My sister called me today and said my niece is over the top excited and started practicing her judging skills and talking into her hairbrush like it is a microphone...lol. Just have fun posting your pics here...it will be fun to see what she picks as the best V-Day pic. I will not show her any of the pics until the morning of the 13th. But in the meantime my niece sent me this pic she made today...lol.

91024e31670335e4bb943b8e1f2d993f.jpg

Patti

Last edited:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ok...so start posting your pics members. My sister called me today and said my niece is over the top excited and started practicing her judging skills and talking into her hairbrush like it is a microphone...lol. Just have fun posting your pics here...it will be fun to see what she picks as the best V-Day pic. I will not show her any of the pics until the morning of the 13th. But in the meantime my niece sent me this pic she made today...lol.

91024e31670335e4bb943b8e1f2d993f.jpg

Patti

Sweet

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Toa, Ross and Jade don't have Valentine clothes so they can't dress up nicely for Emily. But they're giving all the love they have to give. In the next three post their pics, specially made for Emily. With love:love:

HappyLilSphynx

Lairian
As some of you might recall I mentioned my niece Emily (my nickname for her is Luchi) is sleeping over Friday the 12th as we try every year to have her stay over for the Valentines Day holiday. I thought it might be fun this year to do a Sphynxlair Valentine's Day contest and have her get involved because she loves cats. Especially our girls as she has always called them her babies. She cries every time she leaves here not because of leaving us, but because she is leaving the cats...lol.

I called her tonight after I got approval to run the contest and asked her if she would like to be the judge, and oh boy, she was SO excited. You all are used to contests where members vote but this time it is a truly an unbiased 7 year old who will choose who she thinks is her favorite Valentine's Day cat. Who knows what she will base it on, but it will be fun, fair, and heartfelt.

Here are the rules :

1. Post a picture of your Valentine's baby in this thread and no caption...just their name. I can tell you already my niece is a Diva so costumes/color/props might help lol.

2. If you have multiple cats post them separately in this thread, one pic per cat...again no caption just their name.

3. You have to be a member of the Sphynyxlair community prior to February 3,2016 to qualify.

4. The contest will close at midnight EST Friday February the 12th. Winner will be announced in this thread on February the 13th when Luchi wakes up and reviews the participants...so should be by noon on the 13th EST.

4. Hubby and I will take her shopping at Pet Smart on the 13th so she can buy presents for the winning cat and I will take pics of her shopping.

Best part of this contest is it is not based on popular votes, but will be based on what captures a little girl's heart. After all Valentine's Day is all about the heart.

Once she picks a winner, I will message the member for their name and mailing address.

Have fun Larians...
1f9f5974c8b90340b30e47f2d19e490c.jpg

Patti
What a cute idea!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I just spoke to my niece and told her 4 kitties have entered their pictures for the Valentine's Day contest so far. She squealed. She is taking this so seriously and having fun. She then sent me selfies of her and her cat Shorty...she calls him Shorty Pants. He is not naked, but he is loved and in the wise words of @susi794 "That is Everything."

d0a5382ae7ad96455409e3f37645ae3e.jpg

bdca1eea96c29881e6333cf2fe719475.jpg

You have a week to go Lairians. Share a Valentine Pic of your baby and simply their name to be entered into the contest.

Patti

Back