Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Valentine's Weekend TICA Show in Waco, TX

Anyone going to attend?

I'll be taking Baron since his mass removal incision(from that darn 3-Year Rabies Vacc) is looking great.

Should be a good show since in TICA you don't have to be registered with them for the cat's first show. Saves a bit of money so you can try their shows. I'll definitely be taking my own disinfectant though to clean the cages before he goes in. I'm neurotic ;) Yay for chlorhexidine. Don't need to be bringing home any ringworm or whatnot.

Glad it's in Waco too! I won't have to get a hotel, LOL.

Well, Baron did pretty good. He got three finals, two 2nd Best Alter and one 3rd Best Alter. I think I'm more of a fan of CFA and how they organize their shows ;)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on the finals!!!!
The first time I went to a TICA show was last Oct and I was confused at first.
I like both TICA and CFA.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Great job Baron!!!
I'm going to my first CFA show this spring. I'm so excited. Going as spectator only. But I've never been to a show and have only watched on tv so I'm excited.
Glad Baron did well. woohoo!!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on Baron's placements at the show! Im putting Nofuratu in an ACFA show in april and am a little confused......as to getting a registration number and do I get his other points transferred over from his CCA/AFC wins? Or do I start fresh? He's registered with TICA and the CCA/AFC....I've only done 3 cat shows and the whole champion/grand supreme and multiple organizations TICA, CFA, ACFA and CCA/AFC confuses the hell out of me!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Congrats on Baron's placements at the show! Im putting Nofuratu in an ACFA show in april and am a little confused......as to getting a registration number and do I get his other points transferred over from his CCA/AFC wins? Or do I start fresh? He's registered with TICA and the CCA/AFC....I've only done 3 cat shows and the whole champion/grand supreme and multiple organizations TICA, CFA, ACFA and CCA/AFC confuses the hell out of me!

Goodluck with the ACFA show! I have no advice to offer but I hope he does well as I'm sure he will!!! :ThumbsUp:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Also Im glad to hear Baron's surgery went well! Where did they inject the rabies vaccine, right hind leg or shoulder blades? Was it IMRAB? Thats what most clinics use here in Canada. Has anyone else had any vaccine reaction tumours? I am a little paranoid about that....

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My friend shows in ACFA and can help you. I do not know anything about ACFA but I can help you with TICA and CFA.
You can not transfer points between differnt ones.
You need to start fresh.

Thanks everyone :) He did great and is so unfazed by anything. He justs sits on the judge's table and purrs. The judges try to play with him, but he would rather sit and be scratched on the butt. Silly cat.

His reaction was on his back right leg, just above the hock. I gave the vaccine and it was Fort Dodge 3 Year(I gave it before I read what it was, idiot me). That was November 09 and he had the lump, albeit smaller as time went on, until we took it off a few weeks back. Had a biopsy done on it, but it just came back as benign vaccine reaction. I'll just be giving him the Merial PurVax from now on so as not to cause reactions. The vet I work for has never seen reactions in cats when using the 1 Year. The 3-year, yes, many times.

The judges didn't even pay any attention to the scar, which is barely noticeable now. He healed up great.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am glad your cat is fine now and the judges did not say anything.
I only use the 1 yearPur Vax shots.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
His reaction was on his back right leg, just above the hock...

I had a litter at the end of last year, get reaction sites to their vaccinations. I will only get vaccinations in the leg from now on. The reactions felt like peach seeds at first but gradually went down over the pace of a couple of weeks, their is only one now who has a tiny lump and we are monitoring it.
This was after their final vaccination and their first 1yr Rabies.

Back