Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Veins, blood, or ????

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've noticed these red spots in Opal Jeans ears. There's one in each ear and in the same spot. Is it just veins and blood or what?

Please excuse me trying to stay out of the photo while trying to make sure you can see the spot in the photos. Lol
a735029f132e782115245f67b4e4ad43.jpg
7474a5b9e14b66813e54b3363e5e5987.jpg
3f788ed4b37ae7faad051402b7a51927.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm no idea especially in both ears...I wonder if it is just normal for your baby. Have they always been there? Is so, I wouldn’t worry .Oh and we love to see member’s on pics, especially Selfie Saturday threads each week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hmmm no idea especially in both ears...I wonder if it is just normal for your baby. Have they always been there? Is so, I wouldn’t worry .Oh and we love to see member’s on pics, especially Selfie Saturday threads each week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's been there for as long as I can remember. Maybe it's the sun? She loves sun bathing. I just don't know. They don't seem to bother her.

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just checked and no red spots on mine.

The base of the earth is where the larger veins are and the spots appear to be just above that. if your cat ears are itching they may be rubbing them. Have you noticed if they have changed in size?

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just checked and no red spots on mine.

The base of the earth is where the larger veins are and the spots appear to be just above that. if your cat ears are itching they may be rubbing them. Have you noticed if they have changed in size?
No change in size or excessive itching.

VictorFU

Lairian
Mine got the same red spot in the ear as well, but it disappeared within a week. There are some Malassezia fungi in my cat's ear which is common among cats, maybe it is one of the symptoms of infection (no expert, just guess). I noticed there are some black things in your cat's ear, maybe you can wash your cat's ear regularly.

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mine got the same red spot in the ear as well, but it disappeared within a week. There are some Malassezia fungi in my cat's ear which is common among cats, maybe it is one of the symptoms of infection (no expert, just guess). I noticed there are some black things in your cat's ear, maybe you can wash your cat's ear regularly.
I just cleaned her ears today. I was waiting because I didn't have the right q-tips. But I noticed one of the spots went away. And I looked at old photos and they aren't there. Is there a way to get them to go away or do they just go away on their own?

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would keep a regular ear cleaning routine
Amd monitor
Make sure you aren’t rubbing cleaning with a stiff harsh off brand qTip
Maybe by chance a rub Mark from qTip type ? Just brainstorming

VictorFU

Lairian
I just cleaned her ears today. I was waiting because I didn't have the right q-tips. But I noticed one of the spots went away. And I looked at old photos and they aren't there. Is there a way to get them to go away or do they just go away on their own?

I think they'll go away on their own.

Back