Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Velcro Kitty

NewSphynxMomma

Lairian
Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining, but my new sphynx is a velcro kitty! He is everywhere in the house that I am. He follows me around like a little puppy dog. Do you all find this with your sphynx?

This is very new to me. My Japanese Bob is aloof and only wants to hang with me when the house is quiet. Booty on the other hand always wants to be right by my side with his contant cadence of purring. He even challenges my 130 pound great pyrenees for a spot right next to me!

Inferno12

Banned
Thats a Sphynx for ya! That is completely normal as is the challenging the dog for the best warm spot. Arent they the best?

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Yup, completely normal. My boyfriend and I have learned to always look twice before sitting down on anything because Teeka can instantly materialize from ANYWHERE. Then she's stuck to one or both of us. (Her favourite thing is to wedge herself between the two of us so that she's touching both of us at the same time).

Also, I have never been allowed to use the bathroom alone since she's arrived! :Laugh:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You bought a sphynx girl.
They get attached with an invisible 2 foot rubber band to you the second you pay for them and bring them home... For life.
:Wink:

TotenEngel

Banned
I always threaten to sit and stare at my boys in the litter tray to get them back! I quite often have 4 pairs of eyes watching me in the bathroom! (I think its also cause its next to the kitchen, so they think if I'm up and in that direction anyway, how easy would it be to get some food too!?!?)
If Smeagol isn't attached to one of us he's either on a radiator or under the duvet at the moment!

dgoetsch

Lairian
This was actually once of the main reasons why I wanted a Sphynx. I never understood the point of having a cat you never get to see!

tessblack

Banned
Mine are not always that way but most of the time if they are not sleeping they are in the same room as me. I hate it when I leave the room for just a minute and they follow you even though you are going right back, Tux will fall asleep standing up beside the computer. Yeah never had this experience either before these guys.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yup, completely normal. My boyfriend and I have learned to always look twice before sitting down on anything because Teeka can instantly materialize from ANYWHERE. Then she's stuck to one or both of us. (Her favourite thing is to wedge herself between the two of us so that she's touching both of us at the same time).

Also, I have never been allowed to use the bathroom alone since she's arrived! :Laugh:

AWWWWWE!:Smile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't even take a shower without Pedda sticking her head behind the curtain and watching.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love the name Booty! Yep perfectly normal. Nudie is always with me and Skinderella likes to do her own thing most of the time- except if she can't see me for a few minutes then it's "MEOWWWWWWW":LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
SoBe is very much stuck to someone 24/7 - which is why Snuffies Fashions will be making Slings in the near future to make it easier to carry your kitty and have free hands!!! lol

Snuffie is stuck to me as long as I'm sitting down - she sits in the crook of my arm like a baby would. lol

Back