Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Very Watery eyes!!!!So worried!!!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok So on Monday we took Linguini to the vet because he started sneezing a little and had watery eyes,The vet gave him clavamox and some eye drops. Now today Wednesday his eyes look a lot more watery with some whitish sometimes light brown discharge and now Mickey also has very watery eyes also :(.....I have not seen them sneezing. They are eating and drinking water but their eyes are a mess.

What should I do? Should I take them back to the vet and ask them for a different medicine?.....

I am so worried :( I hate seeing them like this :(

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
awww pooor little things, i'm sorry i cant give any advise but if your worried and its goten worse since seeing the vet then i would take them both in again in just incase
i hope they both get well soon xxxx

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would give your vet a call. Tell the person who answers how you left things with Linguini on Monday, what you are seeing now including Mickey's new symptoms and ask them if this is to be expected or if you should bring them both in for a check.

Hang in there. <hugs>

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Vet should do a follow up with no charge. It sounds like it is clearing up a little if there is not any yellow or green discharge. Probably just the eye trying to flush out. Let us know how they are.

JacksMom

Banned
I agree, a follow-up should be a quick thing and my vet, too, does not charge for a follow-up. Jack was sneezing for a few days here and there, not too often, but I just chucked it off to allergies b/c I was getting them bad myself, and in every other way he was fine. He's not sneezing anymore. Maybe your guys could have allergies, too?

Speaking of eyes, Jack's eyes get gunk about once a day, but color is just normal (I guess) not green or dark or anything. When I picked him up from the breeder he had a little "floaty gunk" in the corner of his eye, and she showed me how to roll a qtip on the inside corner of his eye to pull it out. Without starting a new thread....this is normal, right? It's not excessive or anything, but the breeder told me them getting eye gunk more often than hairy cats is normal. I have taken her at her word, but can anyone confirm.

holly_savage

Banned
The eye gunk does seem to be somewaht normal...Hibou will get really watery eyes from time to time and that sometimes requires a dose of antibiotics.

On the original thread...if it was just Monday that you started the meds, I might give a day or so more, it usually takes a few days to really show a drastic improvement. You should call the vet in regards to the second cat having sysptoms too though, the vet may want to give him/her a RX too!

Good luck

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
From this post and what you said in the other post about Mickey's eyes I'm guessing you'll have to take both the boys in for a followup. Hope they feel better soon.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry for all the threads! I was crazy worried! Ok the vet called me back and said to give Mickey the same medications as Linguini. (Clavamox and the eye drops). He is petty sure its URI and he said to take them back tomorrow!...

Ugh! I hate seeing them like this,I don't feel like going to work now....I love my boys so much :(

Thank you so much for all your help and advice! ((HUGS!!!!)))

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

The clavamox may not be strong enough.
My vet told me that it has become a weak antibiotic and many cats are immune to it.
It no longer works for my cats.
What eye med did you get?
I sure hope your cat feels better.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know exactly how you feel. I become a Freak Show when my Sphynx are in trouble.:Dizzy:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
both of my guys have herpes flair ups-- I have a good warning when to up their lysine dose... when their eyes start getting watery, I know that it's time