Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vet update for Gummi Bare

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I called the vet this morning, and told him about Gumdrop's progress, however her poo is still very runny. He consulted with yet another vet, lol, and decided to keep her on the metro and doxi for now. He likes the diet I have her on, (yogurt, pumpkin, glop, and TOTW) I do intend to try and add some raw to it soon. He said that once diarrhea has reached this point, it gets very stubborn and difficult to treat, for now he feels it's best to continue the current meds. and see her for a follow up at the end of the week.

Also, he gave her the green light to come out of her bathroom ICU!! The sisters were thrilled, I opened the door and the reunion was heart warming, there were purrs, and cuddles and tons of head licking, then they all three ran off to see what trouble they could manage to get into!:Laugh:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How about Pectin? Has he offered you a prescription of that? If it's NOTHING- ie just intestinal issues- no parasites, the Pectin coats the intestines and helps suck the fluid out so you shouldn't have so much poopage issue. If I had a small bottle, I'd just mail you some- I have a gallon jug of it on my counter.

Inferno12

Banned
awe...that is so good to hear. This put a huge smile on my face :BigSmile::BigSmile: The good news is the delay on the vet visit. That is less money :LOL::LOL: I hope that the meds work and you can get the runny poops to stop. If you figure it out, let me know cuz we could use a little help too:Wink:

I hope they get into lots of trouble together today :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
Aaawww, I am so happy to hear that she is getting better everyday! And the 3 sister reunion must have been so wonderful to see, I'm thrilled for you all.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How about Pectin? Has he offered you a prescription of that? If it's NOTHING- ie just intestinal issues- no parasites, the Pectin coats the intestines and helps suck the fluid out so you shouldn't have so much poopage issue. If I had a small bottle, I'd just mail you some- I have a gallon jug of it on my counter.

Yeah, we have tried so much I forget some, she is still on pro-pectalin gel, it has pectin in it along with some helpful microbials:ThumbsUp:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
what a blessing!!!! i'm sure the kitty-love will help her feel better too!

What type of yogurt are you using? could you use activia yogurt? with bronx-e's tummy issues the dr suggested activia. which we use a few times a month. he really likes it.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awe...that is so good to hear. This put a huge smile on my face :BigSmile::BigSmile: The good news is the delay on the vet visit. That is less money :LOL::LOL: I hope that the meds work and you can get the runny poops to stop. If you figure it out, let me know cuz we could use a little help too:Wink:

I hope they get into lots of trouble together today :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

:LOL::LOL: Yep, phone calls are free!! and since we will be gone overnight, I am sure those girls will cause no end of mischief!

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Such good news! I'm so glad she is feeling better and that the Terrible Trio are together causing chaos again. :)

Here's hoping for nice, firm poopies!

Back