Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vet Visit

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ms Isabella (Izzy) and Wasabi made a trip to the vet today. Just a yearly wellness check up and they needed new rabies shots. Izzy was being her normal friendly self. She snuggled up to the vet tech and started to lick her. The vet tech was in heaven! She liked the vet too until he stuck his fingers in her mouth and scraped off a chunk of tarter. (Possibly looking at getting both their teeth cleaned, but nervous about putting them under) and she really gave the vet the stink eye when he gave her the vaccination. No hissing thank goodness! Wasabi hid in his blanket in his soft bag carrier. He only came out after I pulled him from his hiding spot as he tried to hold on with his claws for dear life. He is always so timid around new people. And he looked so scared and helpless as the vet examined him. Poor scared baby. But all is well. We go back in 4 weeks for the distemper shot. My vet is very understanding that I am picky about what I vaccinate my kitties for because not all vaccines do well with this breed. I really like that my vet gets "it" and is willing to work with me.

Now that we're home and all snugged in bed it's time for videos from the vet office while we waited.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I always cringe when Mo has his injection, they can never find any fat to put it in! It's a case of grab a wrinkle and go :eek: I really hate it. He always gets a big lump at the injection site which ends up underneath his neck and then travels down to his undercarriage! Anyone else's sphynx get that! It is gone by 24-48 hours! I assume other fluffy cats get it but you just don't see it as easy! He used to love the vets but last 3 years he isn't keen any more! So it's always a bit stressful for us both.

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The vet tech was so sweet and funny. She said she sees big fat cats and the owners try to say it's mostly fluff from fur, she looked at Izzy and told her she couldn't hide her weight. She was just loving my kitties. Apparently mine are the only sphynx they get to see, everyone in the office just loves them.

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am glad to see Izzy was not afraid of the scale. A real woman should show her weight with pride...haha.

Jen
It was quite funny the vet tech had to take Izzy out of the scale to set it up and she kept trying to climb back into it before the vet tech was ready for her.

Back