Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vincent - week 1

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, it's been a bit of a mad and full on week since bringing Vincent back home with us a week ago, but also really good! He's a very sweet, affectionate little boy and is a real character as well. Butchie hasn't hissed or growled at him at all and took to him instantly - pheeewww what a relief that was! We didn't have a chance to plan the homecoming at all, and introductions consisted of Butchie waking up to find his new baby brother roaming around his new home :D

I've been chasing my tail all week, figuring out what I need to buy and what food to feed him and have been busy with online shopping and working things out as we've gone along! The "breeder" (I use the term loosely for that woman) fed him Whiskas, which I am not a fan of... Can't wait for his snuggle den to arrive so they have one each - Vinnie keeps sneaking in to Butchie's snuggle den, and then Butchie unceremoniously wrestles and bites him (not too hard!) until he gets out, so will be more relaxing for us all when they have one each. Having said that, Butchie agreed to share it with his brother on one occasion - photographic evidence provided below {=

Vincent had his first vet check-up on Monday and all seemed well, and as long as it stays that way he'll be in for his neutering on 13 Feb, at which point he'll be 8 months old. He had his first bath on Friday, which he did not enjoy, but it was really necessary... His ears were absolutely caked in black oily dirt, poor little boy - must have been weeks since they were cleaned. :(

We're all still getting used to the new dynamic of 2 humans and 2 nakids, and it all feels a bit strange still!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@JSal I have a real soft spot for ginger moggies, and can't actually believe I managed to find a carrot top sphynx!! :D

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Vincent is such a handsome redhead cutie. And Butchie a loving big brother. Soon you start yelling "why the heck did I buy a second snuggle den" cause they'll always snuggle in one together:).
Glad to hear the vet checkt went well and Vincent is healthy

Back