Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vinny is back!!!

VinnyBambino

Lairian
Hello again..

The past few weeks have been a complete rollercoaster of emotions and a lot of travelling.

As some of you may know, I got my baby Vinny Oct 18. When I took him to my vet, the veterinarian told me that his hard is enlarged and they did radiographs and a few tests but chances are he has HCM. She recommended I send him to a cardiologist.

I contacted the breeder, and when she heard this she immediately told me she would take Vinny back if that’s what I wanted and switch him with a new healthy cat. I came to the decision that I could no longer hold on to him and get attached if there was a chance I would have to say goodbye.

So I drove Vinny down and picked up my new cat Josie who was a 14 month old unaltered female who was a complete sweetheart. I fell in love with her..

While I had her however, the breeder took Vinny to the cardiologist and all the appointments and every single test came back clear. He is very healthy.. So I had to make a decision. I wanted so badly to keep Josie but I couldn’t afford to purchase another bambino.. so I gave Josie back and got my baby Vinny back. I know the switching back and forth is hard and stressful on the kitties but I know Josie is back in a loving home with her friends and Vinny is cozy here with me.

The breeder I’m with is soooooo loving and caring. She paid for everything throughout this whole process that had to do with Vinny and his vet visits and cardiologists etc. She’s amazing and I would 100% recommend if anyone in Ontario is looking!

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thats great news! What cutie he his! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@VinnyBambino (((((hugs n head smooches)))) . when I saw the thread post I was smiling ear to ear and very well remembering your tale of sweet Vinny and the roller coaster of emotions.

Welcome Home Vinny! and kudos to your breeder for doing right by Vinny and Josie... all hearts aligned.

Vinny certainly is a very very special boy... Happy you have been reunited

look forward to lots of pics and tales!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So happy to hear Vinnie is healthy. What an awesome breeder!