Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vocal Kitty

JessLynn

Lairian
Does anybody else's kitten like to talk to themselves? :Dizzy: Haha, Belza will be playing with her toys or just randomly go to our stairwell in our house where it echos and meow. It's not a little meow like she's talking to me, it's a big meooooowww/howl. It's kind of weird.. Just thought I would see if there are any random talkers out there too :BigSmile:

Inferno12

Banned
Oh yes....Johnny talks all the time to anyone who will listen at any time of the day! He even has conversations with my bird! :Dizzy:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie isn't really a random talker,,but she is a talker,,,she meows every morning around 6:30am or 7am to tell me to "Get up and feed me", she meows around 7:30am to tell me to "Open my window WOMAN!!", then she meows if my arm is in the way and she cant lay on me, or if I'm in the bathroom and didn't let her follow me in then she'll meow at the door to scold me, or if I close the shower curtain too far and she cant see me she will meow and push the curtain back so she can see me or If I go in the kitchen for any reason she meows for treats...she is a talker,,,anything and everything and she is telling me all about it!

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou isn;t a big talker...she pretty much just meows when we talk directly at her...or if we are outside on the back deck and she is in the house, then she howls up a storm...today was something new...she sat at the front door and meowed! But not her usual quiet voice, a big giant meow!
Weird
Oh and she meows if the litter box isn't clean enough too!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda has gotten a lot more vocal since we lost Little Ren. She still goes from room to room and howls which she never did before. Other than that the only time she really talks is when she wants my attention for a specific reason.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The only are REALLY loud when they can't see each other in the house. It is like they can't stand to be more then 3 feet away from each other. Juno and Jack are joined at the hip. Ben on the other hand can't stand the other two so he hides by me most the time. Sometimes I can't find him when he gets mad and hides from Jack. Jack is a bully.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep Mo can be pretty vocal! He has his quiet days, sometimes we will go 3 or 4 days where he just wants to do lots of sleeping and cuddling. Then he has his more talkative active days. He talks to the birds out the window. He also sits and meows really loudly for ages, sometimes and I can't figure out what he wants! It is a wierd noise when it's really loud, like a 'ROOOOOOOOO' sort of noise!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Pedda has gotten a lot more vocal since we lost Little Ren. She still goes from room to room and howls which she never did before. Other than that the only time she really talks is when she wants my attention for a specific reason.

Tanker became very vocal after losing his brothers. His cries were breaking my heart so that is how we started adopting DSHs from the shelter.

The company helped a bit and he would only cry out if the house was very quiet and he thought he was alone. His first cries sounded like he was calling "hello" and if no one answered he would start this frantic cry that sounded like a lost child calling for "mom".

Last edited:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu talks his face off in empty rooms and howls like he's checking the acoustics or something and also meows repeatedly in the middle of the night in peoples faces...very vocal.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu talks his face off in empty rooms and howls like he's checking the acoustics or something and also meows repeatedly in the middle of the night in peoples faces...very vocal.

:LOL::Hysterical: Oh dear Nofuratu! Maybe he just likes singing!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kika would talk in his sleep. It would wake me up in the night. It was so haunting because it sounded like he was calling for a long lost friend. I mean it would go on and on. I would wake him up and he would look disoriented and confused. I long cuddle would change everything. Dinka is still too young. :Dizzy:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
haha i love when my kitties talk :) Bronxe talks A LOT!! Bea just recently started talking more. they chat so much that i can call them from vacation and they'll chat on the phone with me LOL!! sounds crazy i know! my mom puts me on speaker phone and they meow back when i call for them :)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
haha i love when my kitties talk :) Bronxe talks A LOT!! Bea just recently started talking more. they chat so much that i can call them from vacation and they'll chat on the phone with me LOL!! sounds crazy i know! my mom puts me on speaker phone and they meow back when i call for them :)

That is so cute! I'll have to try that with Mo

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How adorable.

for_serious

Lairian
Keano barely meows at all! He groans and coo's sometimes but barely ever meows. I try to get him to meow for food, but it's often just a couple of squeaks!

Alice will cry if I leave the room when she's asleep and she wakes up alone. She thinks I abandoned her, but once she sees me she runs and jumps onto my shoulder so she can cuddle until we go back to bed.

She'll also cry at the litter box and do a pee pee dance if I haven't cleaned it. She'll wait for me to clean it while crying.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Alice will cry if I leave the room when she's asleep and she wakes up alone. She thinks I abandoned her, but once she sees me she runs and jumps onto my shoulder so she can cuddle until we go back to bed.

She'll also cry at the litter box and do a pee pee dance if I haven't cleaned it. She'll wait for me to clean it while crying.

lol thats cute

holly_savage

Banned
Little Kokka is a talker...and LOUD at that. If she can't see you she cries...we measured it and it comes in at over 85 decibels!!! A sustained noise at that level requires ear protection! It's hillarious...

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Little Kokka is a talker...and LOUD at that. If she can't see you she cries...we measured it and it comes in at over 85 decibels!!! A sustained noise at that level requires ear protection! It's hillarious...

:LOL: Cute. I wonder how loud Snuffie cries..she is pretty loud at 6:30am when she is hungry!! lol

Back