Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vomit and diarrhea for few days every couple of months

KawaliWorld

Lairian
My little guy, now 3 years old has been getting random bouts of diarrhea, and vomiting for a couple of days every couple of months since he was a baby. I have taken him to the vet several times and they would give him anti-nausea shots and fluids (he was still miserable and felt it was worse to stress him out with a visit to the vet and getting pricked) and he has tested negative for all the most common issues that exude these symptoms. He will go several months sometimes before he gets sick again, and he will still behave in his usual loving manner but will seem just slightly off and we will notice him throwing up/smelling sour/ having diarrhea/irritated booty. Does anyone else’s baby deal with this?
we make sure to keep his diet consistent, so i don’t think it’s a food allergy.
I feel like the vet never really gets to the root of the problem, rather just tries to mask the symptoms and then charge us several hundred dollars with each visit and unfortunately typing in the symptoms to google hasn’t brought much light to the situation..my hairless cat doesn’t have a “Hair ball” problem.
Hope someone can give me some advice.

also, have another cat (tortie girl WITH fur) who doesn’t experience the episodes of sickness my hairless baby does, so I’m pretty sure whatever it is, isn’t contagious.

ZoeBosmom

Lairian
I had the same issue and my vet switched us to Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Fiber Response Dry Cat Food. It helped a lot.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Does he eat too fast sometimes? Do you think it might be a food allergy?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. I’d keep a diary and see if you can piece it together...is it mostly morning vomiting, did they scarf the food down etc. You might also consider a second opinion as it doesn’t sound like you are entirely happy with your vet.

Back