Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vomiting.

OsirisZaGod

Lairian
I caught Osiris drinking some dirty dish water out of the sink, I'm unsure if he ingested anything else.
He started throwing up at 4 in the morning, threw up a few times, then started gagging up white foam.
I fed him some boiled chicken after the 12 hour mark and he ate a bit of it, but he was reluctant.
The next day, I tried to feed him some boiled chicken again and saw no success with that. So I gave him a little bit of his wet food and he threw up again. Today. I got him checked and the Vet said she wasn't concerned based on his appearance, said he didn't look pale or anemic. Got the blood work done and will update this thread with results tomorrow.

He just gagged up white foam again.
This morning I fed him a little bit of wet food, and a little more before the Vet visit because he was meowing like he normally does when he's hungry.

Is it possible that he's still gagging up white foam because I'm feeding him wet food during a sensitive time for his stomach? Mind you, one of portions of wet food I gave him today was refrigerated from the previous day.
I'm going to try and feed him strictly boiled chicken and potatoes for the rest of the week and see if this subsides. Do you think that will be effective?

This is a really devastating time. He was in perfect health before this. Just want my little guy restored to full health and happiness. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I caught Osiris drinking some dirty dish water out of the sink, I'm unsure if he ingested anything else.
He started throwing up at 4 in the morning, threw up a few times, then started gagging up white foam.
I fed him some boiled chicken after the 12 hour mark and he ate a bit of it, but he was reluctant.
The next day, I tried to feed him some boiled chicken again and saw no success with that. So I gave him a little bit of his wet food and he threw up again. Today. I got him checked and the Vet said she wasn't concerned based on his appearance, said he didn't look pale or anemic. Got the blood work done and will update this thread with results tomorrow.

He just gagged up white foam again.
This morning I fed him a little bit of wet food, and a little more before the Vet visit because he was meowing like he normally does when he's hungry.

Is it possible that he's still gagging up white foam because I'm feeding him wet food during a sensitive time for his stomach? Mind you, one of portions of wet food I gave him today was refrigerated from the previous day.
I'm going to try and feed him strictly boiled chicken and potatoes for the rest of the week and see if this subsides. Do you think that will be effective?

This is a really devastating time. He was in perfect health before this. Just want my little guy restored to full health and happiness. Thanks for your feedback in advance.
Sorry to hear this news. What could have been in the dirty dishes/ water? Soap? I would just keep his food normal, changes sometimes make it harder to figure out the root of the issue. Just be sure he stays hydrated, wet food is best for that if this what you were feeding and of course water. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@OsirisZaGod, awhhhh a lair full of positive vibes for sweet Osiris...
Pls let us know what the blood test results are tomorrow
always nerve wrecking I know waiting... sucks when our babies are under the weather..
here for you with lots of positive prayers and support

did the vet prescribe Cerenia? mention if withholding food overnight to let tummy reset?
are you pretty certain he did not ingest anything solid that could cause an issue?
just brainstorming..

my boy decided yesterday he could open the fish tank lid and drink the water...ewhhh.
waiting and watching closely..

(((((hugs))))) and a lair full of positive vibes... if his tummy is upset already I suppose its not out of the question any new foods could cause sensitivities on top of it too..
always best to ask the vet in the morning ...

following closely for updates....
healing head smooches sent to Osiris

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending lots of healing vibes! I would feed him the same food as you usually do to avoid futher tummy issues.
Hope he feels better soon

Back